A pleasant surprise

PapaJammie

Reaction score
As some of you know, I've been trying to do a ZF-5 swap in my 88 CCLB. One of my friends was parting out a 1993 f350 with a ZF-5, so I gave him a list of all the things I needed and he dropped them off at my house while I was in Texas (on business). Imagine my surprise when I come home from Texas and find this sitting under my garage
You must be registered for see images attach

Well I wasn't going to do a SMF conversion because it was too expensive, but I guess the choice has already been made for me. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PapaJammie

Reaction score
The tag was on a flywheel bolt when I found it. Not sure if that's where it went previously.

PapaJammie

Reaction score
On a side note.. does anyone know where I can get a clutch kit for this thing? The clutch that I got with it looks like it's seen better days

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or hit rock auto. It's 158 on there, but shippings probably 20 bucks.

I love LUK clutches. They are the only ones I install.

One last question. Did the flywheel come off a Factory turbo truck? The factory turbo trucks take a different flywheel than the N/A trucks. The Flywheel you need would have an LFW127 on it somewhere.

Last edited:

PapaJammie

Reaction score
One last question. Did the flywheel come off a Factory turbo truck? The factory turbo trucks take a different flywheel than the N/A trucks. The Flywheel you need would have an LFW127 on it somewhere.

I had looked up the part number on an old post on the forum, and this flywheel is for a non turbo motor, so we're good to go there [emoji106]

PapaJammie

Reaction score
and, just ordered the clutch kit off of RockAuto. shipping was $17 but it was still priced a few dollars under the other link (what can i say, i'm cheap:Thumbs Up) also got a shift knob while i was at it. was going to get a shift boot too, but the cheapest one i could find was almost $70 :bs