A new Rookie!

BrotherNick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey forum, where to start. My name is nick and im from a small town just south of buffalo NY. I recently purchased a beautiful 1993 F250 with the 7.3 IDI. I plan on coming down to the big IDI festival at the end of june. So yeah, that's me.

Cheers!.
Nick.
You must be registered for see images attach

BrotherNick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! You wont believe what I picked it up for. I talked him down to $1,300. And believe me there is nothing wrong with it. She needs a little love around the edges but other that that its a great truck.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
The IDI trucks get no love from the general public, much to our benefit. I picked up my 85 for $400 with a perfect body and interior, just needed a head gasket. I rebuilt the entire engine anyway.

If you have been lurking at all, your truck is the OBS (Old Body Style). It is art of the shorthand that you will see on the posts. If you are new to diesels or the IDI, please read the FAQ and tech sections for valuable information.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
As posted above, Welcome to the forum. Nice looking rig too. Is it an auto or standard trans. Before turning wrenches on it ask first. There are a few things some owners do that causes more issues when they are attempting to change or repair something. Also please read the Hall of Shame before you buy from some horrible business that just rip off people that don't know about them.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on the nice ride and Welcome to OB

Thanks for posting a pic right away, that's a find truck!

Take some time, look around get to know us, you'll find us a friendly bunch.

Thanks for filling in your signature too!

Check out the tech and faq section and before spending hard earned cash...hall of shame so you don't get well...you'll figure it out when you go there!

If looking theres turbo kits that come up in the Marketplace too now and again.

Ask away we are here to help or just start up something and sit back have coffee and enjoy the site!.

And again welcome to OB

Al

BrotherNick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcoming party guys! Icanfixall it is an automatic tranny and I honestly cannot be happier with the purchase. I had a 1998 chevy and I fell in love with the older body styles. So when this truck came up for sale I jumped on it. Its only two wheel drive but im buying a winter beater. Thanks for all of the positive advice guys I hope to see some of you at the IDI weekend! Anyone want to convoy?