a confession from the darkside...

rthomas

Reaction score
its been a few weeks and i havent copped to it until now but i sold my 86, my best friend of 15 years needed a dependable truck to do some towing and my wife was kicking me to make some space. if i had to sell it to anyone its this guy, he helped on just about every project i did since i bought it 8 years ago. it was a hard decision to sell, but now its back on the road everyday and my buddy couldnt be happier with it....and now i have play $ for my dirtier habits namely the boat but the psd is getting something as well

fine6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, if you had to sell it, at least it went to a good friend. I see in your signiture you had a cowl hood on your 86? Where did you get it? Just bought an 85 6.9 4x4 for my son, and we are redoing it and wanted to put a cowl hood on it. Any info would be great, thanks.

7.3IDIDSL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
since he had a hypermax turbo i think he meant he had the hypermax cowl induction setup as a intake, not a cowl hood like you thought.

But if you are looking for a cowl hood you will want to check out LMC truck. they sell one for the ford trucks and i actually just bought one for my 93...but they also have them for the 80-91 trucks

or you can check out this company http://www.usbody.com/