a/c Help R-12 replacement?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I see the can says ozone safe.
Looked to me like he had a gauge set, so I'm betting he vacuumed it.
Far as epa, I couldn't care less. My couldn't care less is probably known to the state of commifornia to cause cancer.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a wiki burn. I have a set of r12 gauges the cornwell man sold me for 30 bucks, and a vacuum pump on order, my compressor spins free, I have to see if it will lock up, but if it does, then all I need to do is determine if the system has any leakage. So this stuffs happening. I think 152a is the way to go. I still wanna buy a bulk like 40lb can of this stuff, it would be good to retro a bunch of r12 cars.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know how it does. You may need to play with orifice tube sizes. I'm still running R134a in mine and it works well. Like today. It's 98F and sprinkling but I got 34F air out my vents.

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know how it does. You may need to play with orifice tube sizes. I'm still running R134a in mine and it works well. Like today. It's 98F and sprinkling but I got 34F air out my vents.

Which orifice tube size/color are you using with the 134a? I never got to a purge and refill on mine this year but will have to tackle that next summer. Did you just replace the tube and the evaporator or were there any other parts involved?

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which orifice tube size/color are you using with the 134a? I never got to a purge and refill on mine this year but will have to tackle that next summer. Did you just replace the tube and the evaporator or were there any other parts involved?
I had a disaster soon after buying my truck. A previous shop had thrown R134a into it w/o doing anything else. The Accumulator has a dessicant in a bag and R134a eats the bag. So I had dessicant everywhere!

I flushed and flushed the condenser,evap and lines. Put on a new compressor. I used one thats based on a Sanden instead of a stupid FS6.New Accumulator and an Orange Orifice tube.Added 10 oz of Pag46 oil and 2.80 lbs of r134a.

The Orange tube gave me the best pressures and temps. I believe it has a .057 Orifice in it.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
I had a disaster soon after buying my truck. A previous shop had thrown R134a into it w/o doing anything else. The Accumulator has a dessicant in a bag and R134a eats the bag. So I had dessicant everywhere!

I flushed and flushed the condenser,evap and lines. Put on a new compressor. I used one thats based on a Sanden instead of a stupid FS6.New Accumulator and an Orange Orifice tube.Added 10 oz of Pag46 oil and 2.80 lbs of r134a.

The Orange tube gave me the best pressures and temps. I believe it has a .057 Orifice in it.

Whats the run down on the sanden style compressor?

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its a direct bolt on to replace the fs6.fs6's are hard to find new plus the sanden one is cheaper.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my cost from our supplier was about $200 with clutch and a lifetime warranty