A/C clutch

grog85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the a/c clutch is supposed to be engaged in the heat or defrost position? Ive got a 2001 F-150 with the 5.4, and really don't have any heat. The engine warms up good, 195 degrees. I spent 5 questionable hours tearing the dash apart to check the temp blend door, and all is good there. But no matter what position the heat control is in, the a/c compressor is running.So I'm always getting cold air blowing the heat. Any suggestion on what to do other than unplug the compressor clutch for the winter? thanks in advance, Grog.

sassyrel

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the a/c clutch is supposed to be engaged in the heat or defrost position? Ive got a 2001 F-150 with the 5.4, and really don't have any heat. The engine warms up good, 195 degrees. I spent 5 questionable hours tearing the dash apart to check the temp blend door, and all is good there. But no matter what position the heat control is in, the a/c compressor is running.So I'm always getting cold air blowing the heat. Any suggestion on what to do other than unplug the compressor clutch for the winter? thanks in advance, Grog.

air runs in def pos,,only if its above 32 degrees..shut truck off..can turn front of clutch hub on ac by hand?? just the very front"disc"??? if not,the hub,,has welded itself,to the clutch!!.. remove the bolt,,in the center of the clutch, and take a slim chisel,,and punch between the front "disc", and the hub, to break apart..then get another clutch assm,,off of another small v8,,with the same amont of serp,,or v belt gooves..and replace the whole ball of wax...