99ford rims swaped to a 86 will it work

86F2506.9

6.9 International
Reaction score
im lookin at puttin new rims on my truck and i know someone that has the newer stock ford rims off of his fliped excursion its a 99 and i have an 86 F250 does anyone know if the newer rims will fit the bolt pattern and everything

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No they will not. The newer metric bolt pattern is about a 1/4" larger diameter.

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
i'm running superduty wheels on my 92. i bought wheel adpater's
You must be registered for see images attach

DragRag

Reaction score
I'd personally just rather use 8x6.5" then use adapters. Alcoas are awfully cool anyway, and you can find them around fairly easily still.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up until Ford's little metric foolishness fiasco, EVERYTHING 8-lug was standard 8 on 6-1/2 bolt-pattern, be it Ford, Chevy, GMC, I-H, Dodge, Studebaker, and including ALL 8-lug trailers, regardless of whether SRW or DRW.

Just out of principle, I have personally boycotted anything to do with those silly metric wheels. cookoo

skintbackfarms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up until Ford's little metric foolishness fiasco, EVERYTHING 8-lug was standard 8 on 6-1/2 bolt-pattern, be it Ford, Chevy, GMC, I-H, Dodge, Studebaker, and including ALL 8-lug trailers, regardless of whether SRW or DRW.

Just out of principle, I have personally boycotted anything to do with those silly metric wheels. cookoo

Don't put a dodge dually rim on a 10-ton GN trailer. Had a friend do it, not once but twice, and the whole center busted out of it. Little FYI.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance