!992 F350 7.3 idi fuel issue

dragster557

Reaction score
Crank's and runs out of fuel when colder than 35 degree's. Filter full. changed o ring's on injector's. Tightened line from ip to fuel filter. don't see any leak's. Air somewhere but can't find it. Help please.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Can pure diesel gel when it's a little bit colder than 35? I really don't know this. I just run the blended fuel out of the pump and have only had issues once. That's without winter additive.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't rember if the grey bottle is winter anti gel I use the white bottle of power kleen and once a month I hit it with diesel 911 mabl once a week when it hits -15 till it warms up above 30 f and @IDIBRONCO diesel has never gelled for me at 30 dagrees the only time I have ever had it gel was at about -25 it was an early cold spell and I was running #1 diesel and hadn't dosed the tank yet but I pushed the truck in .the garage and dosed The fuel with power kleen and it hasnt happened againe

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Power Service Bottle color:

White - Diesel Kleen Winter Formation (helps prevent gelling)
Grey - Diesel Kleen - Summer, does all the same as the white except anti gel
Red - 911, should only be used when gelled, or possibly if you know you have a bunch of water in the fuel.

There is also a white bottle, but has green on the label, and it’s a biocide, for algae.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I don't rember if the grey bottle is winter anti gel I use the white bottle of power kleen and once a month I hit it with diesel 911 mabl once a week when it hits -15 till it warms up above 30 f and @IDIBRONCO diesel has never gelled for me at 30 dagrees the only time I have ever had it gel was at about -25 it was an early cold spell and I was running #1 diesel and hadn't dosed the tank yet but I pushed the truck in .the garage and dosed The fuel with power kleen and it hasnt happened againe
My only issue was with pump fuel, OptiLube summer blend, about ) degrees, a 25-30 MPH north wind, and about an hour sitting in an open parking lot in the wind. It tried to gel, but I walked back into Wal-Mart, bought some Diesel 911, put half of it in the tank, limped around back of Wal-mart to sit behind a dumpster to block the wind. I kept the engine running at probably 1500 rpms for 20 minutes. I made it back home after that. I WILL NOT be repeating that one again. From now on, I will be using Anti Gel in it too.

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crank's and runs out of fuel when colder than 35 degree's. Filter full. changed o ring's on injector's. Tightened line from ip to fuel filter. don't see any leak's. Air somewhere but can't find it. Help please.
Are you saying that when it runs out of fuel the fuel filter is still full? when was the last time you changed your filter?
I have had symptoms like that when my lift pump was going out and when my filter was in need of changing.

dragster557

Reaction score
I have not screwed off filter after it shut's off on start up. I have checked it before i crank it. I will check it next time it cuts off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online