99 wheel bearing question...

FULL FORCE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 99 with a loose driver side wheel bearing, I know there is a different before and after 3/99 .
My truck build date says 3/99, well is it before or after?

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
just went thru this with mine. yours should be the later model. mine was the earlier model but i updated it to the later model and got the new matching rotor.

the difference between the 2 is about 1/16" in the height of the hub measured off the face of the rotor. you know if you hvae the wrong one, the rotor will bind on the caliper and will not turn. on mine i band-aided it by putting a couple washers between the caliper bracket and where it mounts to make up the difference until i could get the new rotor.

FULL FORCE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just went thru this with mine. yours should be the later model. mine was the earlier model but i updated it to the later model and got the new matching rotor.

the difference between the 2 is about 1/16" in the height of the hub measured off the face of the rotor. you know if you hvae the wrong one, the rotor will bind on the caliper and will not turn. on mine i band-aided it by putting a couple washers between the caliper bracket and where it mounts to make up the difference until i could get the new rotor.

Cool, thanks alot, I want to do it tonight and am going to try to get the right port the first time!

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
what Rob said
difference in thickness of the actuall hub flange.
so ford ahs been the only right place for the old style.
but your actually better off updating if it is the old style, parts are easier to come by.

FULL FORCE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this last night, it wasa the later one, I also did ball joints while in there, thanks for the help!