'99 F450 powerstroke want crank when hot

NHBaler

Reaction score
We have a '99 F450 and when it gets hot it will nt crank. Replaced the batteries and it will crank and run good ,drive it a little and kill it and it will barely turn over and let it sit awhile and cool off and it will start. Couls this be the starter? Thanks:dunno

trisha

Reaction score
I don't know, mine is doing the exact thing thing, it is NOT the starter, my thread is over at F Series and Super Duty forums under Lube,oil,etc. "Tell me I did not cause this", about 30 post all together and NO one can figure out my problems. Trisha.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
battery cables or junk starter.normally if it will crank over fine when cold,and not want to crank hot the starter is toast.but bad battery cables,bad batteries and loose or dirty connections can cause it as well.my 95 wont crank when cold without 2 vehicles jumping it.but itll crank fine when hot.i know my starter is junk,my battery cables are all brand new with good clean/tight connections.both batteries are brand new as well.

NHBaler

Reaction score
Wellwe got the starter off and went down to Napa and they checked it and said that was the problem only thing is that they have to order the starter and it will be tuesday before it will be in.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know, mine is doing the exact thing thing, it is NOT the starter, my thread is over at F Series and Super Duty forums under Lube,oil,etc. "Tell me I did not cause this", about 30 post all together and NO one can figure out my problems. Trisha.

ill go have a peak over there.