98 d2500 4 wd 5 speed

smokey93

Reaction score
98 d2500 4 wd 5 speed cummins spark plug arcking ???

just bought a 98 d 2500 4 wd 5 speed truck has 94k miles, factory new 5 speed with new clutch was just replaced. is in extra good shape and runs perfect. however does have a few issues, fuel sender will need repair, no problem thanks to info. on how to solve thanks to mister augave great article. had to fix front actuator on fwd. no problem. now i have what sounds like a spark plug wire arcking, doesn't do it all the time an on and off kind of thing. sounds like it is coming from around the master cylinder area but not sure. and it is getting louder. i know some of you have run in to this before, any ideas??? oh yeah i had to replace the dome light too!!! :dunno????

Last edited:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Have no idea on the spark plug sound. Does it do with you are turning the wheel? Maybe the dash is loose giving you the sound of plastic sliding against plastic. I had bad bushing on mine that would make noise when I was crawling up a curb pulling the 5ver into a fuel station or the like. I never could find it and it was a rubbing/popping sound like rubber being slid against something slowly and hard. Is that maybe what you are describing? I mean I would almost classify mine as a "Farting" sound.

smokey93

Reaction score
NO; it don't sound like fart i am very familiar with , "my farts". but it sounds exactly like a spark plug wire off and arcking. it makes this sound for a few seconds ,stops for a while then starts back. but it has no rhythm to it totally erratic and does it driving or stopped. i have wiggled some wires but haven't had a chance to do more than that. my son said he thought it mite be the fuel shut off valve. it sounds just a spark plug wire off

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70