95 dodge dakota w 4 cylinder cummins

safd1919

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok this is my vision is my old dodge dakota 4x4 reg cab short bed with a bt4 cummins!!! i think it would be awsome..... but i havent seen any one do it... anyone with some input would be great

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Gale Banks Engineering did a 6bt in a Dakota. You can see pictures and a story about it on their website - the truck set the land speed record for a truck and it pulled it's own support trailer there and back.... while getting mpgs in the 20's....

Now for anyone else doing something like that I have not seen it. But it should I expect be pretty straight forward - just stuff the engine and tranny in and enjoy... I know that sounds easy and I'm sure there are some other things to consider but for the most part as long as you can get the engine to attach to the crossmember you should be able to make it happen.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A four cylinder diesel in a Dakota sized truck is what most people really need: killer mileage and able to haul half ton loads.

4BT in a Dakota sounds really cool: go for it ;Sweet

Whit

Reaction score
its not mine but it would be fun to own

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodg...ewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item439b920637

2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Diesel 4x4.

Let me start out by saying that regretfully I wish that I didn't have to sell this vehicle. Unfortunately do to medical treatment I am forced to try and sell this truck for my dad so he can recoup for his doctor bills.

This truck started life out in Texas it was bought for a farm truck in Missouri. The engine was a factory 4.7 and had blown heads. A remanufactured cummins 4bt with 80,000 miles was transplanted in the truck and was backed up by a 700r4 built with Kevlar clutches and bands, upgraded pump and servo, the torque converter was built by dunright converters in Co. The 4x4 works using a Manual shift NP241C transfer case. While the stock suspension and IFS system was retained. The injection pump was tuned up for streetability and the engine was given a clean bill of health by Cunningham Performance Diesel, Hallsville MO. The transmission was serviced by Troys transmission of Winnona, MO. The power steering pump is new, new rack and pinion, Vacuum pump was rebuilt. New 3" exhaust system, and a rebuilt H1C turbo. The engine breaths through a K&N air filter. Air conditioning blows cold. The radio is missing but I can install a used one if so desired. The interior is clean. All the window motors are good and the driverside front window motor is new. The truck has just completed a trip from MO to SC 680 Miles and performed flawlessly. The truck consistently averages 24-26 Hwy. The exterior is straight but there are some dings the rear passenger door has a rust spot. I tried to get pictures to show. Some of the clear coat is peeling off the roof and the tailgate is a different color. A paint job was planned until he was diagnosed with cancer. Now all my extra cash goes for treatments. The rims are the factory rims and the tires are Nitto Terra Grappler All terrain 265/75 R16. The bed does have a spray in bedliner that is used, and was set up for a fifth wheel but the engine will need more tuning and gauges to use it effectively.

The truck comes with a complete list of changes and necessary parts for off the shelf easy repair.

The truck was inspected in MO after the engine was installed and has current vehicle safety inspection and approval Certificate and MO title/ registration.

This truck is a great little truck that I hate to part with. Please call me with any question 864-979-0590 or message me through e-bay. Truck can be seen locally.

Drive this truck anywhere. The truck is currently in SC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.