93 F350 Crewcab with ZF5

yowen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True in mose states, but the bigger issue is.... these trucks use the front bumper as a stressed member of the frame. It can mess with the alignment of the front axle/tires and over time (in theory) permanently tweek the frame and the radiator support as it takes up more stress from the frame with no bumper.

Heath

So I should do the following 1) drive home, 2) park till I mount a bumper on it

What do you reckon a bumper would run me a junk yard? Are they pretty easy to find at the yard?

93fordturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think relatively easy, just check for being rusted through obviously. I couldn't see why you couldn't get one for a hundred bucks or so. Being one in good shape

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heck maybe see if the guy has the old bumper.

You could probably get an aftermarket bumper for around 100 bucks. You would still need brackets though. I would also check Craigslist and eBay.

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just got a text, he'd take $1300 without the bumpers or the rack on it. I'd rather have stock bumpers anyway.

It bluebooks at 200,000 miles fair $703, good $1200.

I am really curious if you guys think i can somehow still get mileage number off of this thing.

buy it whole and sell the bumpers on it. I might be interested in trading the front bumper for my front bumper. It's a stock chrome affair

yowen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He's knocking $500 off if he keeps both front and rear aftermarket bumper, plus the rack.

Do you think those bumpers are worth more than that? Here is the rear:

You must be registered for see images

I am personally more inclined to let him keep all that stuff, but I have no idea on the value of it all.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those bumpers new would be worth way more than $500, but used who knows. Seems like stuff doesn't sell for what you think it should. If I was you i would let him keep the stuff he wanted and use the money saved to buy a decent set of used front and rear bumpers. Then you also don't have to mess with selling it.

I bought a truck recently with the original box and a service body that was on the truck. Guy only wanted $200 extra if I took both boxes. I did that thinking the service body would be worth $600-800 pretty easy. I've been trying to sell it for $500 for a month now and have gotten no calls. I'm thinking I should have saved my $200 bucks and let him keep the service body.

yowen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Junk, I figure I might as well not deal with it if it puts $500 in my pocket.

You guys see the angle the bed is setting at (2 posts up)? Is this due to the tire on that side being low or something else?

Iowa 73

FNM
Reaction score
I would get it with the bumpers. No telling how they mounted them, and the guy may not remove them as carefully as you would. The factory front bumpers are pretty flimsy, and the one on the truck actually looks pretty good.

yowen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get it with the bumpers. No telling how they mounted them, and the guy may not remove them as carefully as you would. The factory front bumpers are pretty flimsy, and the one on the truck actually looks pretty good.

quite honestly, I don't like the way they look on the truck. I do not want them, haha.

Stock ones are flimsy? In another post someone told me "these trucks use the front bumper as a stressed member of the frame"

That led me to believe there is actually something more to them then just a "front cover"...

Iowa 73

FNM
Reaction score
Stock ones are flimsy? In another post someone told me "these trucks use the front bumper as a stressed member of the frame"

That led me to believe there is actually something more to them then just a "front cover"...

The OEM bumper is held to the brackets by four small bolts... take a look at one. They are by no means "stressed" members. If the OEM brackets have been hacked to put the aftermarket bumper on, you will be SOL and have to come up with another bumper.

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quite honestly, I don't like the way they look on the truck. I do not want them, haha.

i'm just sayin' i am interested in both bumpers. I don't know if i would want to give you $500 but i imagine we could work something out with the two bumpers i have.

sent you a pm

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also, FWIW, i would consider buying that rack too. I could make some use of it. Just some food for thought. I can't make any promises on price but i would come take a look when you got it home in the mitten state. I have family up there, i could just drive the old corolla and visit the family.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
didn't you say in your other thread that this truck was down in texas?

where abouts in michigan are you if you don't mind me asking?

there have been a few times i have found pretty nice IDI's for sale around here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online