92 idi

rocklefty19

Reaction score
I have a 92 idi in a shuttle bus and here is what I need help with, first what pound radiator cap should it have? Mine has a 7lb cap and ive never seen a truck with one that weak. Also I need to know were to get a new set of injectors and an injection pump nothing built up just for an weekend tow vehicle. Speed is not a concern just as long as i can keep close to 60 ill be all smiles but the fat girl wont come close going up some of these east ky hills. help would be apreciated also what temperature is to hot for the coolant on these?

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
id get a Baby Moose off of Agnem and a matched set of BB code injectors set to pop off around 2000lbs or what ever Mel recommends

rocklefty19

Reaction score
ok how do I go about getting them??? also any idea what lb cap i should have on mine?

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
To get the Baby Moose PM Mel (username agnem) for the matched BB codes, contact Russ (username typ4)....IIRC the correct radiator cap is 16lbs...but I can't swear to that.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
A 7 lb cap wont hurt anything and a 13 lb cap is what most use.. A 16 lb is too high. We have no reason for going that high. Only an oem thermostat is to be used in these engines and they open at 192 degrees and are fully open at 212 degrees. At 242 degrees a coolant sender in the drivers side head will close and ground out your dash gauge and cause it to peg way past the hot end. You really never want to see this happening. It will hurt the engine if allowed to stay that hot for a long time. We can survive this hot for a few minutes but don't stay up there more than say 3 or 4 minutes. Do you know how many miles are on the fuel system parts.... Usually them last for around 125,000 miles....