92 F250

Danmerica

Reaction score
Need some help with a purchase of a 92 F250.

I'm going to look at this truck tomarrow. Its an ext cab, xlt, 4x2. I have briefly talked to the guy and seen a good amount of pics. So far what I've gathered is its a super clean truck inside and out. The one issue I have is it has 400k miles on her. So assuming everything is in order and running properly when I check it out tommorow whats a fair price. He's asking $2300.

Right now all I know from talking to the man is its bone stock, one owner, well maintained truck. I havent seen a whole lot of these but its the cleanest one I've ever seen on the used market. Just the 400k miles scares me alittle.:eek:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well at those miles,you just have to know that everything will have to be replaced if it hasn't been already a few times.be prepared for that or keep looking is all ya can do.clean doesn't mean she isn't worn out.low miles doesn't mean she's all turn key and ready to go either.age takes its toll.low mile trucks sitting around seem to take it worse than high miles in some regards.
it's never easy.all you can do is look 'em over good and hope for the best and always expect the worse while being financially prepared for it at all times.otherwise your buying a vehicle outside your means,and struggling sucks.took me years getting by before going hd diesel.i wanted to be prepared and ready for it so id have a good one.
with that many miles,id probably not even go look at it personally.if it's the best you've found in your budget,is holding off for a while until you gather some more money for one with half those miles a possibility?
not easy making due either,i know i worked a half ton like a 1 ton or more for 8 years lol.ya do what ya got to do.credit isn't the answer imho,but some people are ok with it,and its the best option for them i suppose.not everyone can turn a wrench.
get all the info you can,try to get a decent deal,and hope she doesn't need an engine the day after.good luck!

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO it's overpriced. I paid $3100+tax for my 87 f250 4x4 with only 59k on it.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Yeah you should be able to find something cheaper. Mileage doesn't scare me too much as long as its highway miles and not abused. EVERYTHING is worth a certain amount. and this truck is probably overpriced. IF you get it cheap, thats a entirely different story

zebrabeefj40

Reaction score
Let me get this straight - a running diesel truck that is clean, rust free and one owner - and $2300 is TOO MUCH!? Really?? I'll take a clean truck with a blown motor any day over a rotted out truck with 50K miles. A motor (or most any mechanical system on these trucks) can be swapped in a weekend. Bodywork, rust repair in particular, takes way more time and cash to do right. IMHO the OP would be doing well to get a clean truck - gas or diesel - for a little over $2k. Especially one that can be driven home under it's own power.

Nick

Danmerica

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. We'll see how it goes. I was sorta thinking like the post above its so clean that it has my attention. Ill get more details tomarrow when I check it out. Sometimes it's a different story when you go look in person.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
X2 Nick
In my area, clean trucks even without engine and tranny can go for a few grand. Albeit kinda ridiculous, but I'd rather swap or rebuild a engine before dealing with the metal cancer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online