91 F250 7.3 N/A

Ethanlogan99

Reaction score
Well I get my license in about a month so naturally I have been looking for a truck. I looked at a 93 f350 with the 460, but it has a lot of miles and the gas would kill my wallet. I also found a 91 f250 7.3 with 200k to 210k miles on it. I have decided to go with the 7.3 because parts are cheap and it gets good mpg. Before I start asking about parts and performance, is that a good truck for me? I make about $275 a month for 8 months, and about $600 to $625 a month for 4 months. Business picks up during the summer. I will pull a 12 foot enclosed trailer with decoys and an atv in it during duck season. Other than that just moving a couple bales of hay around or picking up 2 dozen bags of cattle cubes. Then tweaking some things like turbo, exhaust, fuel. Is this the truck for me?

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That depends. Do you have tools and are you able to/like to wrench on stuff. If your answer is yes, then it could be a good truck for you if it has been pretty well kept up. The reason I ask about wrenching isn't because these motors/trucks are maintenance hogs.....it is because with anything of that age it will take some wrenching and a little time to get it up to 100%. Small things wear out over time/miles, seals and o-rings start leaking, etc etc. I have had mine for about 4 years now and really like it, but I have spent quite a bit of time fixing little thing.

Also, for towing I always recommend a good trans cooler and real gauges to see what is happening. It should pull your load just fine, just don't expect it to be a powerhouse like the modern diesels. It is true to the saying "It won't be the first truck to the top of the hill (especially in NA form), but it will get you there reliably over and over and over...."

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You certainly don't want that F350 with a 460, it'll eat ya up. At 16 I assume your still in school.
You have to look at the overall condition of the truck, if repairs are going to consume a lot of your free time you have to think about that. How are the tires, one new tire is $140, junk yard sometimes $20. Assess the rust condition, is it going to fall apart in a year or so.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online