89 F250 dually 4x4 $1300obo Illinois

cscmc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As some may recall, I bought this beastie last year and it's been a very reliable truck. Ugly, in that rusty, late-80's Centurion kit and graphics kind of way, but reliable. 4x4 seems to work fine, but it needs new front tires to match the ones on the back diameter-wise. I have put fewer than 1000 miles on it since I bought it, but it has always run just fine. Needs TLC, but can be driven as-is. Won't start in the cold unless plugged in. Needs exhaust manifold replaced (have a used one, just haven't installed it), steering feels a bit loose, and vacuum resevoir is bypassed -- thus it takes a minute or two of running before the tranny shifts right. I just manually shift from 1 - 2 - D and it is perfectly happy to oblige. Not a pretty truck at 200K miles, but runs strong once started. I have a box of spare parts to go with the truck, and at $1300 I'll include a recently-rebuilt IP just-in-case. Ah, pass side window motor needs to be replaced (I have the part, used). I'll even throw in a free oil change, as I have filter and oil for it!

I can send pics to SERIOUSLY interested parties. Please don't ask me if it'll make it to Dallas or Newark or Portland, etc... I have no idea! I have driven it about 60 miles each way on a number of occasions, and she did fine. Got a bit warm, but the antifreeze was cut with very little water, so I suspect that didn't help much. Please assume you'll need a chase vehicle just in case -- I don't want anyone buying it and getting stranded on the way home. Sold as-is, where is. Feel free to contact me for a once-over. I'm happy to show it to anyone interested.

FWIW, the tranny appears to have been rebuilt very recently. It's got fresh battleship-gray paint, and is awfully clean for a 200K truck. I just don't use her enough to justify keeping!

Send a PM or email me at cscmc1 at yahoo dot com Truck is in Charleston, IL.

Thanks all!

Chris

cscmc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few pics are now available. This is a supercab, by the way. C6. Best offer -- don't be shy! I need it GONE before I change my mind. If you come and get it now, I may even throw in a small electric pump, 55 gallon plastic drum, and a few strainers for WVO processing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fizzle