86 reg cab weight

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
What’s the weight and length of a 86 f250 reg cab 4x4? Reason for asking I have a 16ft car hauler and a half ton Chevy truck
You must be registered for see images attach

nitroguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure the length.

Last dump trip I got a weight, my 89 f250 4x4 with 7.3L, 5 speed, regular cab long bed with two full fuel tanks was 6600lb.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
FWIW,I towed home my sclb 4x4 87' f250 6.9 on a uhaul trailer which was tight but it worked.I have never weighed my truck but the tag says 6000# empty.

Rock

Va_Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I towed a 1989 F-250 sclb 2wd with auto trans and 7.3 170 miles on a uhaul trailer with a 2011 ford F-150. Your truck is fine just make sure your trailer is rated for the weight plus a factor of safety... remember 6000 lbs bouncing on a trailer is more than 6000 lbs of force once the force of motion is applied. The uhaul trailers I think are rated at 7500 or 8000 can't remember. If the load and the trailer are a lot heavier than your tow vehicle then just remember to take it slow.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lock it out of overdrive. I'm assuming your truck is an auto, you don't want to pull that weight in overdrive with a 4L60E.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
A U-Haul trailer is rated at a max TOTAL weight of 7500lbs

The empty trailer is 2190 lbs

Max CARGO weight is 5310 lbs....

I rented one earlier this year to move a 2001 Chevy Tracker (Susuki Grand Vitara) 4 door (which are heavier than they look) with my 11 F-150 RC LB 2wd. I have pictures of when I had it (for damage notes) and can see the plate with the information.

It should do it... just know that it's gonna squat the rear of your truck down (My F-150 with Tracker (the tracker is pushing like 4000lbs) loaded all the way to the front) squatted several inches... I wasn't on the bump stops, but it had a load. It will have surge brakes, but it will push you some too. Use your head and you should be ok. With the pickup, the weight will be a bit better distributed since it is longer.... if I could have centered the Tracker I would have been better... but with the U-Haul requiring that you pull it all the way on, there was almost no weight behind the trailer wheels... I should have taken a picture... but I was just trying to get the work done. I wish it had been a few weeks later after I bought the SuperCrew.... more power, and a heavier truck...

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the ideas.
Once again I’m back on the hunt for a clean idi. Signed a bill of sell and gave the guy $200 and he blocked me.

Stu Bailey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 86 F250 Long bed Regular cab 2wd ran 5,200lbs at the scale two years ago. I had both fuel tanks running on fumes and I even stepped out the truck when I weighed it. The tag on the door says something a bit more than that but I weighed it twice and got the same weight.

impreza_GC8

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the ideas.
Once again I’m back on the hunt for a clean idi. Signed a bill of sell and gave the guy $200 and he blocked me.
I have a 92 7.3 IDI that I've pulled apart for parts. I don't know what you are specifically looking for or if you want a ready to run truck but I have the cab, chassis, 7.3 engine with some parts removed, ZF5 2WD manual trans, etc if you are wanting a project or to put something together.