86 fan only blows in ac

IHdieselfan

Reaction score
My friends truck we have been bringing from the dead, has dealer a/c. the fan works fine in a/c position but when you move to heat it trips a micro switch then the fan quits. I pulled it apart found the switch bad. found that the switch puts power to either side of the fan switch. I jumped out the micro switch but no luck. checked the fan switch (good). I assuming that the micro switch has something to do with the a/c clutch. the fan switch has two sets of blue,grey, and black. (low,med, and high) the micro switch controls what set of wires the power goes to. were do these two sets go. also when i jumped out the bad curcit in the micro switch my jumper wire got hot I'm guessing why the micro switch went bad.

I posted this on another forum and i didn't get a response. I've been a member since 2005 but it seems it has fell into a bunch of teenagers texting each other about there lift kits. so I'm moving here if I'm welcome. I seen the movies on youtube of idi weekend and i love it. I hope I can work it out to go.