$82 for a cdr ?

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just quoted $82 from my local dealer .. Shouldn't it be closer to $50 ?

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about running a catch can ... it would have a hose from the valve cover to catch can , then to the intake .

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me it's not as much the issue of loosing oil out the RDT, it's the smoke screen coming out from under the truck when you're sitting at a stop light.
The cost of a new CDR is why I did the RDT conversion in the first place.

kb1jid

Reaction score
Check at Fordpartsgiant.com thats where I got mine back in march. It cost me 50.32 plus shipping part # E3TZ-6A665-A

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been exploring options .. This is going on a truck with the cdr located on the driver valve cover by the way . I'm leaning towards running a line from the cdr location, to a catch can , then have it dump somewhere under the truck . So it would be similar to a rdt but with a catch can . What I need to know is if I NEED vacuum sucking the crank case vapor out . If not it would be super easy , but I'm pretty sure I read awhile back that it requires a slight vacuum . Another thought .. Why not use a large pcv ? I've seen them at general automotive stores , and one in particular would slip right in the factory gromet.

If vacuum is not needed , what are your thoughts on making a catch can with an inlet and a valve cover type k&n filter on the outlet ? I would think it would take less pressure to go through this system than it would to over pressurize the crank case and blow out seals / dip stick tube .

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive always wondered why people bothered with rdts. Its just like burning wmo. Could just install a valve in the event of run away

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought one from the local Ford dealer. They could not find it, I had to give them the part #. My shop cost (resale) was $92, list was like $117 + tax.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's ridiculous ! I'm almost done plumbing my catch can and breather . Hopefully it won't cause excess crank case pressure .. What exactly is the worry with over pressurizing it ? Just blowing seals , right ? The setup I'm making is pretty unrestricted , so it should push through it before causing issues with seals ..

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
Northside Ford in Portland has the best dealer prices I've found, I think they quoted me 50-55 a couple years ago but I don't know if or how their shipping works.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
The price is still $50.32 (plus shipping) at Fordpartsgiant.com. It is called an adaptor in the pars book, apparently. Might end up being 80 bucks anyway.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
So what makes you think yours is defective? Not a lot to go wrong with them. If the membrane is in tact, it's prolly all right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online