#8 return cap was leaking.. Now I know why.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
My #8 injector return cap was leaking on the 7.3 and now I know why.. As soon as I took the breather off, I could see that the hose from that cap to the tee had recently been replaced. When the PO replaced it, they cut it too long and it was kinked. I have no idea when it was done, but it started leaking on me a few days ago.

As soon as I found the leak, I ordered a return line kit for it. It came today and was installed tonight. And BTW: It really DOES get easier with practice! I did my first return line kit on the 6.9 last week :D

This install went a lot smoother and quicker than the first one.

Who knows??? Maybe I will be able to offer some help at next year's rally, instead of needing all I can get! :rotflmao

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
i never got a return line kit when i did mine. just kinda pieced new line in and hose clamped it. if the leaks return, ill probably get a kit. what do you get in it?

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
16 o-rings, 8 caps, 8 copper washers (For when you install injectors) 16 corbin clamps and 6 feet of hose.

I ended up with 3 inches of hose left... And the copper washers, since I didn't install any injectors..