78 Factory diesel????

89dieselbko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on which Isuzu engine that is, it might be later than the truck. Doesn't mean it's not a nice conversion but seems to me the guy is trying, like many others have, to raise the price with a load of BS

I want a diesel Bronco II.

i just happened to pick up a 4bt cummins long block for 300 bucks. needs all the fixings. I like your idea of the bronco ii with the 4bt diesel in it! problem is finding a decent bkoii in the rust belt :(

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
As far as full size pickups Dodge and GM were the only to offer a true factory diesel in 78 to the best of my knowledge. This Ford is likely a dealer option at best. Still a really neat swap! ;Sweet

Ford Ranger diesels are fairly common around here whether its the Perkins or Mitsubishi. They're not everywhere but I see a couple from time to time.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yall just had a bad blonde moment he has the vin in a pic and by code its originally a 390 block v8 so not original factory

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paid $100 for mine. Chick magnet describes it best :D

You must be registered for see images
If there's a part of the country where that truck would accurately be described as a chick magnet, I need to move LOL all the women around here are too stuck-up to give the time of day to anyone who owns an older diesel pickup...

sassyrel

Reaction score
all the women around here are too stuck-up to give the time of day to anyone who owns an older diesel pickup...[/QUOTE]

and most likely,,high maintenance also...

Black dawg

Reaction score
yall just had a bad blonde moment he has the vin in a pic and by code its originally a 390 block v8 so not original factory

What would the vin be for isuzu diesel?? I dont think anybody here thought that it was actually factory installed.

PwrSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just happened to pick up a 4bt cummins long block for 300 bucks. needs all the fixings. I like your idea of the bronco ii with the 4bt diesel in it! problem is finding a decent bkoii in the rust belt :(

They sold BIIs with the Mitsu turbo diesel in '85 and '86. That's the one I want.

As to this engine... we all know it's not factory but I wonder which Isuzu it is? By knowing which engine it is, we could tell if it could have been installed by Freeway Ford in '78 or not. Doesn't really matter, but I get a strange odor from that eBay listing on that claim.

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If there's a part of the country where that truck would accurately be described as a chick magnet, I need to move LOL all the women around here are too stuck-up to give the time of day to anyone who owns an older diesel pickup...

It attracts a unique breed ;p

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
as 160k8 said,,eveen if a dealer did it,,it aint factory...and wouldnt have factory backing or warranty...pwrsmke,,,,it was probably true that the dealereship did it.. just like the one dealership in pa?? made the first 428 cobra jet engines,,by using 427 truck heads and parts.. then the factory picked it up,,when they found out how well they were doing racing....

That was Tasca Ford in Rhode Island that made the 428 into the "Cobra Jet"ized 428. Factory or not, still a nice truck.

Black dawg

Reaction score
as 160k8 said,,eveen if a dealer did it,,it aint factory...and wouldnt have factory backing or warranty...pwrsmke,,,,it was probably true that the dealereship did it.. just like the one dealership in pa?? made the first 428 cobra jet engines,,by using 427 truck heads and parts.. then the factory picked it up,,when they found out how well they were doing racing....

I had never heard that before, where did you read that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online