74 "1310" Pulling At Wayne Cty. 2k Under And In the Wrong class!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man that looked nice and smooth. ;Sweet

What won if you don't mind me asking? Distance and truck type I mean. I'm guessing that was like a 8k diesel class or a run what ya brung kind of deal?

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Couldn't Put My 40 Year Old Truck In Stock Bc It Smokes. I should have just said screw it and went stock because about 10 trucks got disqualified from the stock class Anyway. I went into work stock. I was up against brand new trucks from the big three. but the old girl dug deep and that turbo picked up the load pretty good. class was 8000 pounds. My Truck Weighed 6K. that was the first time I have ever pulled.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to answer your question I have no idea who won I'm assuming it was a Cummins powered Dodge. I drove off the track said hi and bye to some of my friends and drove home.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's about what I figured. I had guessed because of the "engine swap" they wouldn't have let you in a stock class. Pretty sure that 7.3 was not available in a 74 IH 1310. Looks like you did a great job. No bounce or anything. Smoke wasn't ridiculous. If mine runs that well when I'm done I'll be pretty happy.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nice pull too. Seems like the class you were supposed to be in got scared and wouldn't let you in. That was a nice pull like others have said..

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More weight can be an advantage but usually you will find there is a sweet spot. His truck probably wouldn't behave well at 8k. Depends on the class some places won't let you hang weight in stock class so you end up with it in the bed where its not doing you that much good. Sled puts plenty of weight on the rear if the hitch height is right. I spent a lot of time figuring out things that don't work on pulling trucks. :D

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well now i know for yhe next two fairs coming up. I was doing it for fun. I knew i wasnt taking any trophies. Next time ill go stock and if i get dq'd i dont care. The guy said "this is the oldest truck here" and my gf said i was the only truck ppl cheered for haha.definitely a great experience and i am very proud of my build now seeing what the truck is capable of. That moose pump makes a monster out of these engines.
Next on the list is intercooling. So ill be reading up on that