7.3 ????

dieselM715

Feep builder
Reaction score
I'm looking at two 7.3s ones 88 the other is 92. They are both still in the trucks and run.The 88 is 4x4 with a 5spd. The 92 4x2 with a auto.
My question is if you had to chouse which one would buy and why?

I'm planing on oulling the motor and putting into my M715.I want a 5spd,but I need a 2wheel drive as I have a remote tranfer case.
Thanks for your in put.

Last edited:

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
i would buy both if cheap enough. for my dd i would have the 4x4 5 speed. i hate automatics :puke: i know i own one but i HATE it. just my opinion.

dieselM715

Feep builder
Reaction score
I called the guy today.I can get the trucks for $700 each.I think I going to get the 4x2.
It doesn't matter which one I buy I have to get a trans.I don't want to try and part this thing out I just don't have the time.I'm just going to pull the motor and everything I need to go with it,then junk the rest.
Thanks for your input

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you are going to pass up a superior transmission, and a nice t- case, with a 2.7 low range, in lieu of a divorced NP 20x, that is 50 years old, and a trans that begs for $1500 rebuilds?

Ennh, I would have no problem making up my mind and go with the ZF truck.

dieselM715

Feep builder
Reaction score
The reason I'm running a remote transfer case,thats the way the truck is set up and I need a driver side drop transfer case.I'm swapping out the NP200 for a NP205.

BlackDog...I would run both,but I don't need the much gear reduction.The truck is going to have 4.88 gears in it and I'm not building for offroad use.Its going be my all around truck.

I'm just woundering, what is the differance between a 88 and 92 7.3?

Last edited:

dieselM715

Feep builder
Reaction score
I made up my mind and I'm getting 88 4x4 with the 5spd
The guy wants a little more for because it's a running driving truck.
I was able to talk him into letting go for a $1000.
I'm going to get next weekend ;Sweet
So I'm going to be a IDI owner:thumbsup:

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Damn if only you were closer I would buy the carcass. Just as well my parents would kill me if I bought a parts truck

dieselM715

Feep builder
Reaction score
Damn if only you were closer I would buy the carcass. Just as well my parents would kill me if I bought a parts truck

From what the guy told me when i talked to him the body is real bad.Which is about all thats going to be left.You have to rememder we are up here in the rust belt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat