7.3 injector

olblue84

Reaction score
i have a problem i have a 91 international with a 7.3 and was replacing the o rings on the injectors and when i was replacing the hard lines from the pump i messed up the thread some how so can i rethread :dunno or need new injector thanks

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first off are you sure you messed up the threads on the injector or could it be the threads on the fuel line? If its the injector i bet if you could find out the thread pitch and everything you might could run a die over it a few times and clean the threads up enough to work

-Jordan-

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The injector is softer than the hard line nut soo.... Remove the injector and use a fine knife edge file to clean up the damaged threads. Then have all the line clamps off that side of the engine and install that damaged injector to the line first. Remember to replace the removed line clamps or the vibration will break the lines... Usually the number 2 line breaks right at the injector nut.... At least it did for me and several others who left off the clamps... We thought they were not a big deal.... Well almost $400.00 later at the dealership many years ago I learned a lesson... Only cost me about $400.00......:eek::angel:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online