7.3 idi sucked water

Timemachines

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well put another set of injectors in. New copper washers and orings and Does the same thing. I think I stressed the head gasket. Two injectors were soaked on the ends with fuel.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Head gaskets can be the reason but you could also cracked a cylinder liner too or bent a rod and its causing all kinds of issues. Sadly you wont know till you open it up. Sorry for the bad news from my side of the computer.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well. Good that you have a few extra engines but as to this engine. It may very well be ruined. Fluids will not compress. Thats why a rod bends or a cylinder cracks. Or if the head gaskets become the safety blow off valve they will let go. As posted earlier on this is coming out and you will need to open it up to see whats wrong. Good luck and ask questions if you need correct answers right away.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WITHOUT PICTURES OF THE CARNAGE THIS POST IS.....
well you get the point....
:D

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Figured so, ya can't suck in that much water and not do damage. Well, it's fun tearing em down.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats to bad, but ford never made a u-boat!
But busting puddles/boggin IS fun!
Thinking in cab snorkle?!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'm always saddened by the destruction of an engine because of oversight like this. Hope it can be saved but who really knows. I sure would have that cylinder inspected by mag particle testing and maybe fluorescent dye testing too. Also checking the crank for micro cracks in the radius area.