7.3 idi running without lift pump?

NintendoKD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I cleaned the valve, checked the filter, and checked the valve in both positions. flow is good on both positions, and no bleed over at all. I fixed a small leak in the connection to the e-pump, and tightened down all lines. ran the pump and checked for leaks, all good. I went to the fuel station and put fuel int he rear tank, "there was none before" I left the pos switch on rear and took off, about 50m down the road I came to a dead stop because the engine died, and would not restart till I switched it back to front and let it prime a bit. The e-pump runs off the ignition switch "at least the PO got that right" I noticed that there was fuel in all of the lines, coming from both tanks when servicing the selector valve, and it was clean too, no muck. clog in the rear tank? possible? is there a screen or something? ****** perhaps "I know that old trick" I would just sump it and call it a day, but the spare mounts there, I'm not looking forward to dropping the tank. any advice?

NintendoKD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, im not pulling the bed and camper shell by myself. Sorry. But what I will do is drop the tank and spare. I won't like it, bu it's gonna happen.

NintendoKD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted a new thread for it but I figured I'd post here for finality. The e-pump works great, better even after I fixed the leak on a threaded connector. I replaced the entire fuel line because of a clog, I hurt my cheeks trying to blow air through it.

NintendoKD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We don't have hookers here in 29 palms, we have desert yetis. And you don't have to pay them for that, unless you pay in ****. My compressor leaks like a us navy vessel, otherwise I would have used it, I really need to fix that dad thing.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NintendoKD, Is this on the new truck?????

If so, you got jipped!!!
If you have a mechanical lift pump on the side of the block, THAT IS NOT A POWERSTROKE!!!!

So if you could fill in the details, that would greatly help.
WRONG.
95-97 PSD's has a lift pump in the lifter valley right below the intake plenum. '99 and up went to electric pump.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
WRONG.
95-97 PSD's has a lift pump in the lifter valley right below the intake plenum. '99 and up went to electric pump.

WRONG
I said side of the block. That's why I said he got jipped if it is. He mixed up his stories on the two trucks, and I thought this thread was about the psd. And your years are off, started in 94.5. Like mine.

BTW Towcat, I wasn't trying to be a smartass, so sorry if it came off that way. I was around my future mother in law when I typed that. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Last edited: