7.3 flex plate needed

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
I had a thread up a week or so ago about this. A couple guys were tryin to help me out, but there flex plates are a little diferent I guess.

My friend has a '94 F-250 7.3 IDI turbo with an E4OD. His old plate has a few cracks in it [all the way round the crank bolts... and two from there out to the outside of it!!] I will post the measurements I took and two pics of his. Any help is greatly appriciated!!!

Measurements: 15 5/8" os to os of starter gear. 14 3/8" inside to inside of starter gear. 11 3/8" center to center across converter holes, and 8" center to center from side to side [there are only 4 converter holes on this one, not six]. There are 9 crank bolt holes, it skips one hole in the sequence... 3 1/8" across to oposite holes with 1" space in between them, and 1 7/8" in between the skipped bolt hole. And it apears to have opprox a 3/4" backset to it. The plate is thin [spring steel I think].

Thanks for any help!!!!!!! ~ Aaron

Attachments

• flex plate 001.jpg
    flex plate 001.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 18
  • flex plate 002.jpg
    flex plate 002.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 17

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
One is a C6 flex plate and the other is an E4OD. Sorry, don't have any extras of the E4OD ones.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I got a flex plate from a 93 7.3 non turbo van. Mine does not have the 4 balancing holes drilled in it. . It has e40d stamped on it. My concern different balancing needs for factory turbo engine vs natural aspirated engine. You must contact ford about this! If it'll work then $25 + ship

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those flex plates are balanced individually when manufactured. No need to worry about the balance.

camo85 grab it.

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
Hmm, I got a flex plate from a 93 7.3 non turbo van. Mine does not have the 4 balancing holes drilled in it. . It has e40d stamped on it. My concern different balancing needs for factory turbo engine vs natural aspirated engine. You must contact ford about this! If it'll work then $25 + ship

If you could do a quike check on the measurements and they match up, then PM me or post a total with shipping, and how you want the money.

Like OLDBULL8 said, these are individually ballanced as there made, so it will work as long as the bolt holes match up. Plus Ford stopped making these, and no one except on here [that's how it seems atleast] has any clue in what they are talking about when it comes to the IDI's!

Thanks ~ Aaron

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just woke up. I'll find a tape measure and verify. It looks exactly like pictures just with different balancing holes. I'll package it up and drop by fedex with a winfield zip to get ship est.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just woke up. I'll find a tape measure and verify. It looks exactly like pictures just with different balancing holes. I'll package it up and drop by fedex with a winfield zip to get ship est.
post a pic of what you have first.
there's two different versions of the flexplates.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I said before, this flexplate came from a 1993 e350 7.3 e40d non-turbo

Attachments

• 101_4115.jpg
    101_4115.jpg
    710.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 101_4116.jpg
    101_4116.jpg
    690.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 101_4117.jpg
    101_4117.jpg
    651.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 101_4118.jpg
    101_4118.jpg
    798.6 KB · Views: 2

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
post a pic of what you have first.
there's two different versions of the flexplates.

I posted a pic of mine with all the measurements. If the measurements are the same and it is the thiner spring steel style and not the thick one,it should be rite.... corect?

Devilish: Thanks a bunch, I woun't be home till Sunday night so don't rush too much. If it is the rite one I can send you money Monday!

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's hear from towcat first. I'm assuming your friend's truck has a factory turbo and there still could be a difference.
I think I've got private messaging enabled now

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
Let's hear from towcat first. I'm assuming your friend's truck has a factory turbo and there still could be a difference.
I think I've got private messaging enabled now

No prob. I'm certain it's rite though! Like I said let me know after he chimes in and I can send you $ monday. Thanks ~ Aaron

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they are the same.
the differences are very obvious.
there's a version that's got a bunch of holes drilled into them.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are the same.
the differences are very obvious.
there's a version that's got a bunch of holes drilled into them.
My question is are the extra drilled holes there to aid balancing on a factory turbo engine? I know that the manual flywheel is different because of this.
Will my flexplate be compatible with camo85's needs?

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
My question is are the extra drilled holes there to aid balancing on a factory turbo engine? I know that the manual flywheel is different because of this.
Will my flexplate be compatible with camo85's needs?

I think his has been replaced before. Some of the holes and weights on it look as though it was rebalanced at a machine shop at one time since it was new. It is obvious by the placing of some holes and the tac welds on the weights that they werent all from the manufactor.