7.3 Alt. Belt???

frydaddy

Reaction score
:confused: What can I do to keep the alt. belt from getting loose and flopping all around? It is such a long span it seems to get loose no matter how tight you tighten it. Is there some kind of idler pulley system?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Okiegringo fabed up an idler pulley and have pictures and part numbers....

frydaddy

Reaction score
Thats good - I was thinking that someone must have put an idler on. Now about those pics...

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have a 6.9 that had a bent pulley and the alternator would always loosen up no matter how tight I made the bolt. Check your pulleys to see if any are bent or wobbling.

gabbyr100rs

Reaction score
If you can find a post from OkieGringo, his signature block has a link to his idler pulley. Good luck. I haven't seen him post here for a while. Maybe someone else can help with retrieving one of his posts or threads.

Go to the members list and scroll down to OkieGringo-click on his name, and his sig block pops up, complete with the link you are looking for.

Last edited:

frydaddy

Reaction score
Yep, I already found the picture - looks like I'll give it a try

Thanks

lgettler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was fopping also, so I Installed all new (From Ford Stealership and it stopped the flop. $43.00 for all 4 belts, the set I removed lasted for 6 years so I don't mind paying the price.

frydaddy

Reaction score
Well I just installed all brand new Napa belts and still have the flop so I'll try the idler puley.

frydaddy

Reaction score
Take it easy, that's just temorary till I get some pictures of mine