68 chevy c10 6.5 td

marvgarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not. I took my heads to the machine shop they said they can fix them. All done with valves and the sleeve kit for 400.00. They guaranteed I would not have a problem with them.

marvgarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it is good deal. The heads I was looking at might have been China's. I would have had a valve job on top of the 550 for the heads. A valve job is 300. They are also pressure checking the heads at 45 psi.

marvgarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey hows the truck going? you inspired me to possibly do a 6.2 swap in a 71 GMC 4wd 3/4ton

keep the pics coming :-D

I'm glad. I have taken a small break on it. Will resume next month. A little update. I am going to use a different tranny. The t5 will hold it stock but this isn't stock. I'm using a 4l80e full manual valve body. All else will be as planned.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
I'm glad. I have taken a small break on it. Will resume next month. A little update. I am going to use a different tranny. The t5 will hold it stock but this isn't stock. I'm using a 4l80e full manual valve body. All else will be as planned.

Oh sweet! Turbos do shift great with autos.. how much is a manual valve body for a 4l80e

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn you! I just called on a 68 C20 straight, fairly rust free w/ running 350 and 4 speed. Hope to go look at it first of the week