68 chevy c10 6.5 td

marvgarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea a built t5 I built it and modified it myself its stronger then stock but probably not strong enough lol.

marvgarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some more pictures. I got the grill painted the hood painted and installed. Got the door sill/pillars painted and right floor board coated. Inside is all painted dash headliner and back wall. Fuel lines almost done need both AN 90 deg adapters to finish the hook up. I need to paint door and fix sill plate on driver side and paint it. I also resealed the roof drip rail.

Attachments

• IMAG0131.jpg
    IMAG0131.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0132.jpg
    IMAG0132.jpg
    462.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0133.jpg
    IMAG0133.jpg
    427.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0134.jpg
    IMAG0134.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0135.jpg
    IMAG0135.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0136.jpg
    IMAG0136.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0137.jpg
    IMAG0137.jpg
    449.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0138.jpg
    IMAG0138.jpg
    440.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0139.jpg
    IMAG0139.jpg
    469.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0140.jpg
    IMAG0140.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 9

marvgarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some more

Attachments

• IMAG0141.jpg
    IMAG0141.jpg
    396.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0142.jpg
    IMAG0142.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 9

marvgarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your transmission a world class T5?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Yes 95 camaro world class trans in a astro van case with the case machined out for bigger bearings and machined for thrust plate all rebuilt has the stronger gears in it also.

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A man after my own heart! My 82 C10 is rusted out and the low mile NA 6.5L and built 700R4 will find its home in either a 67-72 or an elcamino.

Ok, questions (I didn't read every post).

T5? What year and what car is that out of (thinking vette/Camaro)? Will it hold up to 500 ft# at the rear wheels?

Studs top and bottom? What block?

W/ studs, felpro gasket, and lower compression I wouldn't be scared to run 25psi. I hit 22 on mine w/o studs running a 240K mile engine pulling a trailer.

Also look in at Leroydiesel.com and give him a call or shoot him an email. He is putting together a Banks sidewinder Passenger side manifold and 6.5L van manifold pointing forward. The crossover will be 1/3 as long going under the front accessories. The banks sidewinder is already faster spooling than 6.5L manifolds and I bet the shortening of the crossover will make it even quicker. This will let you a lot bigger turbo than the little bitty hx35, I already do on a stock 6.5L. Leroy sells the bigger turbo and it has a good rep.

Last edited:

marvgarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok glad to hear someone else doing a swap. As far the trans holding 500 ftlbs not going to happen. I am in this range and over probably but am not hauling any thing or side swiping the clutch at every light. You will have to make a t5 like I did to be the strongest and use the standard 350 bellhousing. Will this trans work and last yes if not abused. It is cheap to make a t5.

As for studs on the mains not worth it in my opinion. Head studs yes by all means even stock motors.

25 psi is doable I will be running 15 full time and up to 25 when I want. Read my plans as my plans are for long lasting engine.

marvgarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A man after my own heart! My 82 C10 is rusted out and the low mile NA 6.5L and built 700R4 will find its home in either a 67-72 or an elcamino.

Ok, questions (I didn't read every post).

T5? What year and what car is that out of (thinking vette/Camaro)? Will it hold up to 500 ft# at the rear wheels?

Studs top and bottom? What block?

W/ studs, felpro gasket, and lower compression I wouldn't be scared to run 25psi. I hit 22 on mine w/o studs running a 240K mile engine pulling a trailer.

Also look in at Leroydiesel.com and give him a call or shoot him an email. He is putting together a Banks sidewinder Passenger side manifold and 6.5L van manifold pointing forward. The crossover will be 1/3 as long going under the front accessories. The banks sidewinder is already faster spooling than 6.5L manifolds and I bet the shortening of the crossover will make it even quicker. This will let you a lot bigger turbo than the little bitty hx35, I already do on a stock 6.5L. Leroy sells the bigger turbo and it has a good rep.
As fare as the forward crossover it will not work in my case as my crossmember is in the way. What I have will work fine for what I want ( a daily driver/cruiser/and a truck to take cross country if I want). I do appreciate the info and sounds like would be a hot set up. The hx35 will work great will come in early like I want am not worried about it running out of steam on top. This also has to get good fuel economy think of it as a happy medium truck best of both worlds. My crossover is shorter then stock as I used a na driver side manifold kicks it down instead of back. I always like sharing my ideas so keep them coming.

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get better MPG in heavy trucks w/ low gear using the ATT which is a big non gated beast. Like you said, the ATT pulls like a freight train to red line and it does good in the bottom end. If you are using higher gears (which in a cruiser I assume you are) then a hybrid HX wouldn't be a bad idea, I have a WH1C in my 95 w/ 3.73's and 33" tires. I run 15 psi on it because it has 300K on the stock original engine (original heads and gaskets). My 93 gets beat on and loaded heavy w/ ATT and it only sees 15-16 psi unloaded, needs lugged to build boost.

marvgarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes 3.73 with the t5 overdrive which is .68. Your 95 electronic? I took off the electronic pump and put on a 93 pump. This motor is a 95

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, my 95 is electric DS4 w/ a custom 5 stage chip. There are times I love my DS4 and some that I want to throw it out (more things to check when trouble shooting). I have done all preventive maint on the DS4 system and made it dead reliable (no issues with it in 175K miles). Right now it is leaking out the weep hole and advance piston side, I have a rebuilt DS4 to put in. The ds4 in this truck is ORIGINAL w/ 300K according to file of receipts from the PO.

My 93 is great, I never have to touch the wiring if I don't want to. I just pick a day once a year and look it all over (grounds, connections, and what not). The DS4 will out fuel a DB2 any day and give a lot more fine tuning options. The DB2 (mechanical) is known for great mpg #'s but needs rebuilt every 100k according to members here.

Both have ups and downs. I like them equal really.

marvgarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea the ds4 will put out the fuel I still have the pump. The cost of moding the electronic system was over my budget so I went with simplicity. Plus didn't want all the extra wiring. I will be at the limit of the db2 fuel wise but that's as high as I want to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online