6.9 Injection Fuel Pump Intermittent Problems

Black dawg

Reaction score
Tune up grease is not conductive, that is dielectric grease which is non conductive, it is for use on spark plug boots on high voltage circuits to prevent arcing ONLY! Never use the stuff on low current connectors or you are likely to loose your connection . Use of that stuff on cars with computer circuits is the largest cause of cascading electronic failures there is. It causes a buildup of resistance in the circuit that it is on and burns out whatever is attempting to operate.

thats interesting on the not using dielectric grease on electrical conectors, never heard that before.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
thats interesting on the not using dielectric grease on electrical conectors, never heard that before.

Somebody started the rumor about using dielectric grease on regular electric connectors on the internet a handful of years ago and it spread faster than a hookers legs at a bachelor party, and I can't count the number of cars where I had to go through and replace the entire computer and sender array because of that stuff -cuss

mariner45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since cleaning and tightening the electrical conncetions (2) I have worked this truck pretty ******* our local hills (at 3500 ft they could be mountains elsewhere, I suppose) - some being 8% gradient or more. I have put just over 500 miles and really booted the throttle and tranny and the fuel pump is doing exactly what it is supposed to do.

I am beginning to think that I have had an intermittent electrical problem for several years and have finally made some progress (fingers crossed, touch wood etc.).

So thanks to all for your suggestions - your interest much appreciated.

It is starting to look like loose and corroded connections were/are the culprit.
If there are any firther problems I will repost - hopefu;;y that won't be necessary.

Thx

mariner

- if in doubt, check the obvious first and don't over complicate things :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online