6.9 cold start of my beloved big blue

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found this post i made on youtube of my 6.9 being cold started at an average of 15-20 degrees after sitting about a week in the college parking lot :)

your guys trucks start this well just curious? im proud of her at 315k miles nothing ever been done in this vid its in restoration process now which i will be uploading pics of my process and how far i have come!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3tR2zbpKWc

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Thats how mine starts, out of the 3 IDI trucks ive owned this one starts the best. Even makes my Cummins buddies jealous when its 20 degrees out.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
My 6.9 does well to. I have always had better results cold starting a 6.9 than a 7.3, hands down. I think its due to the slightly different pre-cups

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
This is my 6.9 that took the place of the 7.3. Running B100 on this start.

It was taken a few weeks ago when it was cold in south florida. it was 41 out when i started so not really a cold start but still a nice smooth start. I attribute it to the slow glow plugs. If she don't start, the button to the right of my hand is for ether injection.

You must be registered for see images attach

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
This is my 6.9 that took the place of the 7.3. Running B100 on this start.

It was taken a few weeks ago when it was cold in south florida. it was 41 out when i started so not really a cold start but still a nice smooth start. I attribute it to the slow glow plugs. If she don't start, the button to the right of my hand is for ether injection.

How long were you holding those glow plugs for? :eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle