6.0 build

smookthis05

Reaction score
Recently came across a totaled truck with a 6.0 in it and have decided to build it from the ground up. I am more familiar with cummins and duramax. I have been looking through old magazines to find articles but cant seem to come across anything. Im looking for companies that do heavey internal work and head work. Any information will very help full. Also high performance oil and fuel pumps and breathing for the turbo. Im planning on running a huge single.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Diesel Site is looking for beta testers on their Adrenaline HPOP right now. ITP has regulated return kits for the fuel end of things. Beans Diesel has Stg II injectors to get the fuel in. He also has the Raptor and or AirDog high flow fuel pumps for the 6.0. Not sure what all your going to find out there for turbo upgrades in the 6.0 arena. What kind of head work and internal work are you looking at?

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beans Diesel also has turbo options. Liberator has fire ringed rebuilt heads available. From what I've read the heads are somewhat restrictive in stock form but can be ported with good success.

You'll want head studs and an EGR delete. You can get a reprogrammed FICM to support any injector upgrades or the hopefully soon to be released Phalanx tuner from Spartan is supposedly able to flash the FICM. That should open up some tuning possibilities.

Good luck and keep us posted.

smookthis05

Reaction score
that all sounds good ....I'll start looking into those companies. I don't know how much work I'm going to need internally (pistons, crank, rods, cam). Are there any companies in that area by any chance. I'm probably going to use a stand alone ecm.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What kind of HP are you looking to make with this thing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online