5 speed

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check for vacuum at the valve on the injector pump and also at the trans modulator. also the kickdown rod could be tight. The modulator on the trans can be adjusted with a screwdriver to lower the shift points. Back it out 1 turn AFTER checking vacuum, then see what it does.

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I will find something eventually its just a matter time. I always find what Im looking for. I was just hoping that one of the trannys I already have would fit.

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Typ4 I didn't so that last post you did till just now. Thank you for the info I'll check the modulator today. Is it possible to direct me to some detailed info on this prosses? Thank you.

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I get all ready to dig into the tranny and figure out how to adjust it. I roll underneith with the creaper to locate the adjustment screw(witch apperently is located on the intake manifold). Then I notice a vacuum line disconnected from an actuator on the back of the tranny. I plugged it back in, then took the truck for a ride. Wow, I'm so happy and it drives great now. No more winding the crap out of it and I swear I felt three shift points. I'm pretty sure this thing only has a three speed so that doesn't make any sence. Anyway isn't it funny when you get all ready to figure something out and it turns out to be something simple stupid.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen on my 80 f100, on the way to the tranny shop I stopped for gas and decided to take another look and found that same line disconnected from the tranny.

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you F350 guys run for tire pressure, 51 front and 80 rear seems exessive for driving around town

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
If you have tires with a max psi of 80, you dont need to run them that high all the time. I run mine around 50psi and will bump it up when I hook up my trailer. If you run them maxed out all the time, I have heard they crown and you wear out the center tread rather quickly.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
they sure do....i got a ruined set of 265/75R16 mud tires because of this....thanks to the tire shop that installed the tires for that screw up! @$$holes lol

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crowning is what I was afried of so I've been running All 4 at 46. Plus at 80 in the rear empty you'd be burnin tires all the time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online