4th Annual Fall Get Together in MI

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Back by Popular Demand, the 4th Annual East Lake Camping Oilburners Fall Get Together!

Where: East Lake Campground, Hopkins, MI

When: September, 25, 26, 27th

Who: Whoever wants to attend.

Why: Because it is Buy one Night, get one night Free Camping! cant beat that!

I am sitting here at East Lake Campgrounds visiting My brother Dave and family. They have a permanent spot here. I decided now is the perfect time to plan the Oilburners Fall Get together. This is an event that Lori and I have been putting this on every year just an excuse to have a laid back camping weekend with friends.

I have 8 campsites reserved but will need to know as soon as possible who will be attending.

So I wanted to quick post this up and get the ball rolling, but I gotta go cause Dave is waiting for me to go Fishing.

Later!

Last edited:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Couple of other things, Since it is buy one get one free Camping, Lori and I might be there Thursday through Monday. Well see how our schedule pans out.

Also they have a cabin, and a camper available to rent for the weekend as well. You would have to check with them on the cost, I am not sure if they are included in the BOGO.

If you car planning on attending, please call them asap and reserve your spot so we can get a total. Only 2 of the spots are being held for 2 weeks, The other 6 are held till we book them. I believe that we will have 6 for sure so I reserved 8 in case we have more that want to attend.

We normally don't plan any events for this weekend however if there is enough interest, we could go to Kalamazoo Speedway on Saturday night for thier Night of Destruction

Night of Destruction
Monster Trucks - Trailer Races - Crash Bash Crash Mass - Bus Trailer Races - Car-pocolypse Wars - Nome Races - Fireworks-Fireworks-Fireworks This is the one your Mama Warned you about!

We can play that by ear. It is about a 38 minute drive from the Campground.

There is also a Chili Cook off at the campground that weekend as well, so bring your best recipe if you want to join in.;Sweet

Thats it for now,..

dtosh

Reaction score
I will be there, but I already have my site - thanks.

Many of you remember the T-Maxx nitro powered RC truck last year? Well it's back this year as an E-Maxx - electric powered. Faster and more powerful.

Here is a preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGflRozKMek

See you in the fall!!

Dave

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Pretty wild video there Dave! So the electric has more power huh, would have thought it was the other way around. I have about 6 RC planes, all nitro powered. We had a couple guys try electric, one in the exact same plane I learned on and while I was to the larger side of the usable engine spectrum, there was no comparison in speed or thrust. I would say the battery pack probably attributed to that as well because his was much tougher to balance, mine was balanced off the building board.

Oh, and I just asked Beth if she wanted to go to Michigan again...with no hesitation I got a resounding yes! :) So unless the visitation schedule takes a huge turn for the worse, we'll be there.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK! I'll have to check the calendar. I smell a conflict, but I'm not sure. I'll check and post back soon, cause I know your looking to fix me up again Darrin, and we appreciate that. ;Sweet

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well crap! I just checked the calender/call schedule and my partner will be out of town and I'm covering for him, myself, and for "no doc" call that weekend as well. :puke:

Looks like the Suttons can't make it again this fall.-cuss

You guys have fun. I hope that one of these years we can come to this.

Heath

Last edited:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Cool, A Sticky, thanks Mel! Let me know what you find out. I have parts for you!

Heath Sorry you cant make it. Let us know if anything changes.

Oh, and I just asked Beth if she wanted to go to Michigan again...with no hesitation I got a resounding yes! So unless the visitation schedule takes a huge turn for the worse, we'll be there.

That's great Scott. Hope things are settled down for you for a while and the visitation problem doesn't happen.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
We're in like Flynn!!:thumbsup:

25th thru the 27th.

Lot 97 right next to the smuggled goat lodge.:D

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
Working out the details with Olivia, hopefully we'll be there too.

Just got my spot reserved, I will have the tribe with me(Olivia, myself and our 3 kids). We'll probably be camping in my folks 5th wheel, which will be pulled by my dads 99 Superduty. Sorry it's not an idi, but at least it's a diesel....with a custom DP tuners chip and a banks 4" exhaust!

See ya'll there in September.

Last edited:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Working out the details with Olivia, hopefully we'll be there too.

Just got my spot reserved, I will have the tribe with me(Olivia, myself and our 3 kids). We'll probably be camping in my folks 5th wheel, which will be pulled by my dads 99 Superduty. Sorry it's not an idi, but at least it's a diesel....with a custom DP tuners chip and a banks 4" exhaust!

See ya'll there in September.

Great Jeremy, Will you be bringing the Big Green Truck? Keep us posted;Sweet

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
Great Jeremy, Will you be bringing the Big Green Truck? Keep us posted

Unfortunately the big green slimer is staying home. 4:10's and a C6 make for some high rpms on the hwy. I'll be driving my dads 99 Superduty crewcab 4x4 dually, with a 36' fiver in tow. We're really looking forward to meeting everyone. I wanted to come last year, but family activities conflicted the schedule.:(

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
we are in. i should be back up to full speed by then.

darrin are we going to swipe the big fire ring again or can you procure a suitable rim?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online