4inch downpipe

86F2506.9

6.9 International
Reaction score
ok my question ive found a full magnaflow 4inch exhaust turbo back and my buddy said a 4inch downpipe wont fit will it or wont it

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not 100% sure, but I do not think a 4" will fit. It is tight on the back of the 6.0 just like on the older trucks..... you may be able to make it fit..... but.....

This is assuming you are asking about your 6.0PSD...... I know on my 03, there is barely enought space for my arm between the bellhousing and the firewall, and the 4" pipe is bigger than my arm...... I believe they have a 3" on them from the factory......

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
Alot of 4" downpipes for 6.0's are 3 inch into 4 inch. They're 3" coming off the turbo, then 12-16" down they go to 4". It solves two things 1) The VGT turbo does better with a small section of 3" pipe, the VGT turbo needs a slight amount of backpressure to operate at it's fullest efficiency. 2) Firewall clearance.

I can't comment on your specific system though, just stating the norm. Good luck!

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some are 3.5" off the turbo and some are 4". 4'' downpipes fits but it's tight.

tractorman86

Reaction score
One thing to remember is if you are keeping your cat no matter what you put before and after it is still getting choked down to 3.5