$4.20 for diesel

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost $4. got up to $3.92 today :backoff Tennesse wil catch up soon.

I need a cow sign like eat more Chickin!

EAT MORE FRIES! More veggie oil for me ;Really

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HOLY COW! Up ANOTHER $0.05 to $3.99 at the cheapest place in town!

So it has jumped from $3.83 to $3.99 in just 3-4 days. AMAZING...

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
<insert sarcasm> Boy with these prices I sure can't wait to pull 10K pounds across Utah and back! ;Sweet

:rolleyes:

86F3504x4

Reaction score
I think what most are neglecting is that
there hasen't been any new refineries built in 30+ years.Part of the blame goes to the environuts the other to the oil companies.Think about it.Why would they spend billions on new refineries when they can make billions by"limited production".
They don't WANT to build new refineries.
They are having their cake and eating it to.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just found a guy on craigslist, lives down by the boarder. He is selling diesel for 3 bucks a gallon, i think its pre-road tax, but i dont really care, add some ATF and its all good, a little WMO and no one will know the difference.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I filled up one of my tanks on Monday at $4.20 or so, should be good for a while tho - I'm used to 5mpg on premium with my high-compression 429 gasser, so now even tho diesel is more expensive my weekly bill is still lower, lol

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up to $4.09 - $4.25 here now.

That is incredible. The lowest price in town has gone from $3.83 to $4.09 - over a quarter a gallon - in just under a week...

cpm

Reaction score
86F3504x4;

I could buy that argument if I saw any evidence of an actual shortage. For those of you who remember the 70s know what I am talking about.

I keep hearing about short supply/long demand, and if these is the case, why is no one *not* having any trouble finding fuel?

Seems there is plenty, the only fuel stops I know of that are closing pumps, are the ones run by folks who have a habit of not paying their bills.

jimmys f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are gonna do it soon with coal too,,,,jus read an article in the washington post,,,,get ready,,its probably gonna get this way with electricity too,,seems Katrina was the start of all this and the price of a barrel was nothing like it is now,,,but the prices were,,,scary and makes ya mad:mad:

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
The best part is that the majority of people (me included) are still going to pay these prices and continue to drive in normal routine...

They have us right where they want us! -cuss

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I can't figure is why this time there is no national speed limit reduction or why people are still driving like maniacs. Money must be growing on trees for those folks. I can get an extra 2mpg by driving 55 instead of 65. I know the price has me thinking about it every time I go somewhere. Trips we used to go on regularly are now refered to by their cost. The trip to work is the 30 dollar trip. The trip to Lancaster is the 12 dollar trip. The trip to Quarryville is the 8 dollar trip. :rolleyes:

cpm

Reaction score
Mel;

Yeah, I hear that!

The *only* thing I can figure, is that folks are fueling up by swiping a card, and not digging for cash. But man, -no offense anyone, I know there are real working folks here- a lot of the larger trucks I see are just literally grocery getters, and they have no concept of a speed limit. Not a big fan of speed limits personally, but it would be nice if one could respect them without being a menace and a danger to other drivers.

How on earth do these folks pay for their fuel? I think it's just that, credit card, and worry about it later.

cpm

Reaction score
jimmys f250;

I hear ya too, but like I said earlier, I don't see any actual shortages anywhere, do you?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
What I can't figure is why this time there is no national speed limit reduction or why people are still driving like maniacs. Money must be growing on trees for those folks. I can get an extra 2mpg by driving 55 instead of 65. I know the price has me thinking about it every time I go somewhere. Trips we used to go on regularly are now refered to by their cost. The trip to work is the 30 dollar trip. The trip to Lancaster is the 12 dollar trip. The trip to Quarryville is the 8 dollar trip. :rolleyes:

Amen, drop the speed limit to 55, and actually enforce it. My truck will get a good 2-4mpg better at 55mph than at 65mph. They need to drop it, I know it will cause some disaray, but still it will save people so much money in the long run.

To run to school and back it is a good $12 a day (practice included). I'm looking into a ZF-5 speed right now (anyone got a good 4x4 ZF they are willing to sell, a big plus if the tranns crossmember and the tranny pan that goes on the floor in the cab?).