3g alternator part #'s for v-belt idi's

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
I'm watching guys, I'm watching you guys.... keeping an eye on you! LOL

I got 2 rigs with serpentine & 1 with v-belt set-up & I'm watching & learning!!!
My '90 has that '94 IDIT with the serpentine belt set-up & everything else that I just brought everything on over from '94 & stuck in the '90.

Everything charges & runs/works but I'm still interested in doing 3G later on.

stick_witch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm watching guys, I'm watching you guys.... keeping an eye on you! LOL

I got 2 rigs with serpentine & 1 with v-belt set-up & I'm watching & learning!!!
My '90 has that '94 IDIT with the serpentine belt set-up & everything else that I just brought everything on over from '94 & stuck in the '90.

Everything charges & runs/works but I'm still interested in doing 3G later on.
Hahaha don’t think, stop watching, just do! Lol
All jokes aside, let your current setups run their course, and then when it’s time for replacements go treat yourself with a nice 3g for each and every one those gems. But PLEASE, for the love of God, DON’T replace it with another parts store 1g!!! Like, just don’t do it![emoji23] I’m begging you. You’ll thank me later!

It seriously should be like a top 5 DON’T in the idi commandments, alongside “NOOOO ETHER AND GP’s”, “DON’T run your starter to the freakin moon and back bro! No one likes your cold start video of your starter just wailing for 10min! Fix your freakin gp’s dude!” and “CYCLE YOUR D*** GLOWPLUGS! This isn’t your mom’s push button start electric Prius! Or your daddy’s king ranch eco boost!”[emoji23]

I think I’m gonna go make a thread right now for everyone’s fun, IDI Commandment lists! Stay tuned for that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrecked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has been a very useful thread, cheers to all. Was gonna poke around to feed my two sole surviving brain cells (1970's did the rest in) but they got a feast here. Gonna get in front of this asap.