37" military radials

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
My truck will takeoff and spin the tire(s) with 37's and 3:55 gears just by letting off the clutch in 1st.

And it's kind starting to **** me off cause it's hard to creep with my truck.

Only thing I don't like about the tires is the treads get packed with mud pretty easy, but other than that they are a great tire that dig into the ground.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
unless you've been in combat using a HUMVEE, the trash talk in unwarranted. They are a heck of alot better than the old jeeps but they aren't a M1 Abrams tank either. For what they are, they do damn good. why to you think the bad guys are having to hotwire a 500lb bombs to take them out? they've figured out RPG's aren't a guarantee to take out a HUMVEE.

giezy

Reaction score
cool my truck is 2wd just whant a set of cheep tires for now, and i have 4:10's in my truck and would like a little less rpm on the highway

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
actually, the military doesn't use them anymore. they have a new more agressive tire that is near 400 a tire to buy.. apparently our financial crisis doesn't affect the military. but i'm not complaining, if it saves more lives having better tires then I'm all for it.

As for my opinion regarding 4.10s with 36s, I guess I just expect more.. I'm used to cummins and powerstrokes, getting into a turbo idi on 36s is a bit of a difference. Does a lot of downshifting, but then again my transmission has issues so maybe that's the weak point right now. And 14.5" wide super swampers are heavy tires. 4.56s would be nice but I can't afford a grand in ring and pinion sets and kits.

And as far as trash talking humvees, they are turds.. They are great trucks other than the powertrain. loaded down they are slow. Should be turbo idis in those humvees, not pos chevy diesels.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya a humvee and most anything millitary will take any beating you throw at it
believe me i seen a hemett 20 feet in the air and then land and the millitary didnt complain lol
but hey my 37s no complaints so im happy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhill5353

Members online