330cc and 430cc STANADYNE HEAD AND ROTOR

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
could this be used on the old chevy pumps?

Sure, but there's a DB4 that puts out enough fuel for 500hp that bolts right in, and the DS4 can do the same thing provided the programming and PMD mod is done. Peninsular Diesel has the DB4 in stock and Heath Diesel got the DS4 reliable enough to go almost 160mph across the salt flats.

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
I kinda see what your saying though. If you have maximum power/pressure's higher in the RPM's, the engine would be exposed to them for shorter amounts of time, as the rpm's are higher, and it would be I guess the word I'm thinking is smoother for the engine to do so. Wouldnt have as harsh of power surges as lower rpm's when each piston goes through the power-stroke, higher rpm's would even it out better. Would probably be better for the bottom end.

Also, if you want to turn those rpm's, custom push rods and valve springs should be on your list as well, correct? Dont want push rods bending or the valves floating.

The springs will have to match the cam, and I may get some thick wall pushrods made, the rockers will be stock units that are deep cryotreated.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Ok lets try to write a list of what you are thinking

What engine block?
Bottom end mods, studs?
Top end mods
Turbo setup
Injectors/injector lines
Intake, are we using the stock intake manifold? (Can we build a custom one with grid heaters?)

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
I put the basic setup in an earlier post, but I'll do it again here.

6.9 or 7.3 engine (whichever I get the best deal on first)

Block will get the basic blueprinting, hardblock, and if the bores are good, a torqueplate hone. Of course all the inspections will be done (pressure check, magnaflux)

Stock rods with ARP bolts and better heat treating

Fully prepped stock crank

Everything balanced and blueprinted

Stock pistons, pins

Total Seal rings

Stock heads, unported but perfectly flat decks

ARP studs top to bottom

Custom ground cam with matching springs and stiffer pushrods

Stock rocker arms, deep cryo'd

Columbus Diesel 330cc head unit

200-225cc injectors

Rear mounted compound twin turbos (option 1) or underhood supercharger, 30psi boost

Water to air intercooler

Water/methanol injection

Headers (help reduce the egt's and pumping losses)

Stock intake manifold

Everything gets deep cryotreated and coated

4400-4800 HP peak

2500-3000 Torque peak

5000 RPM redline

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I put the basic setup in an earlier post, but I'll do it again here.

6.9 or 7.3 engine (whichever I get the best deal on first)

Block will get the basic blueprinting, hardblock, and if the bores are good, a torqueplate hone. Of course all the inspections will be done (pressure check, magnaflux)

Stock rods with ARP bolts and better heat treating

Fully prepped stock crank

Everything balanced and blueprinted

Stock pistons, pins

Total Seal rings

Stock heads, unported but perfectly flat decks

ARP studs top to bottom

Custom ground cam with matching springs and stiffer pushrods

Stock rocker arms, deep cryo'd

Columbus Diesel 330cc head unit

200-225cc injectors

Rear mounted compound twin turbos (option 1) or underhood supercharger, 30psi boost

Water to air intercooler

Water/methanol injection

Headers (help reduce the egt's and pumping losses)

Stock intake manifold

Everything gets deep cryotreated and coated

4400-4800 HP peak

2500-3000 Torque peak

5000 RPM redline

Ok that is more of a list I'm looking for ;Sweet.

How does one limit the fuel a injector can flow?

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
Just get the injector specced that way. The injectors are not going to flow as much as the pump, and in turn limit the power. The lines will be the large 5/16" lines that will have to be made. I am more concerned about spray quality than outright flow, since that is going to affect smoke and throttle response. I am going to think about what to do about that, maybe adapt some DI injectors in, I don't know yet.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
You planning on running this thing at the strip only?Hard blocking will cause troubles if you plan on driving on the street!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Problem.... The oil cooler draws coolant from the lower end of the drivers side cylinder area of the block. With hard blocking how will you create a coolant channel for that. Maybe lost wax casting???:dunno

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
I would use a 6.9 for this. Have you found a cam yet? Why aren't you going to port the heads?

I could port the heads, but I want to see how far I can go on the stock stuff first. If the flow rate is even at 150 cfm @ .500" lift on the intake, with the boost it'll be almost 450 cfm at 30 psi. I'm going to let the boost do the work.
I'm going to check on a cam core next week.

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
Problem.... The oil cooler draws coolant from the lower end of the drivers side cylinder area of the block. With hard blocking how will you create a coolant channel for that. Maybe lost wax casting???:dunno

Not use the factory setup. Bypass the whole deal and use something else. Tap the oiling system and use an external cooler with a fan and a thermostat. Never like the idea of engine coolant cooling the oil.