315 75 R16 thoughts or experience

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem diggin' up bones. If nobody gave me any input I'd still be driving a farm truck with skinny tires, hub caps, using Champion glow plugs and burning straight #2 without any additives :eek: .

I like the 2" body lift on my truck. I did have a little interference on the firewall but it was fixed with a little prybar coaxing. If I had that to do over again I would clearance it prior to putting the new body mounts on but as they say hind sight is 20/20.

In regards to the tires, I have absoluted no tire rub whatsoever. Keep in mind that I have an additional leaf in the front, but I think there would be enough room anyhow. My only complaint is that I'm not completely happy with the fact that I couldn't raise the bumper up more, but it's just my particular preference. I did have to cut out the bumper where the spring shackles are to move the bumper up, and although I figured that this would allow me to move the bumper all the way up, the frame rails actually bottom on the inside of the bumper. I have thought about shimming the bumper out an inch but since I rubbed the paint out I feel like it's a brand new truck(although my back didn't feel brand new) so I've kind of been temporarily satisfied.

All and all I like the way the truck sits and looks. I rebent the 4wd shifter and the trans shifts ok without any trimming of the stock hole.

I'm really busy but I'll try to get some fresh pics and update my avatar so you can get an idea about what I am talking about.

Take care

R. J.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, forget most of what I wrote as I am still running 285s as of today, although I do have a set of 315s that I am going to mount. I'm kind of half heartedly looking for a wider set of wheels for the 315s as some folks have suggested that the stockers are technically too narrow. The Wheel Fairy hasn't put any new wheels where I put my old ones yet, so the 315s are just sitting.

Sorry for the confusion, I'll try to read the question better next time, and I'll still post some pics and update my avatar.

R. J.

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
RJ,
Thanks for the reply and information. I still am not convinced that the 315's will fit and not rub somewhere. I have a factory suspension as far as i can tell and the 285/75/16's I have now do not rub anywhere on my 94'. I am thinking of putting the bigger tires on but only if they fit without issues, so just looking for advise from those who have tried/done it already. Thanks!