2150 motorcraft carb

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone know the adjustments for the 2150 carb on a 351m400 engine or big block? or at least something to start with?

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
For starters, a drunken monkey with one arm could rebuild one of these....

Adjustments are limited to the choke and idle mixture screws. Oh, you *could* change jets sized if needed.
Main points of interest:
1. verify good pump shot
2. Adjust idle with tachometer or vacuum gauge (start 1.5 turns out)

If you ever need to rebuild it, there are step by step instructions on the net and every auto parts place can get a rebuild kit (bout $14).
If you ever replace it, verify the venturi size as all 2150's are not created equally. Venturi size will be a lil circle with a 1.21 or something in it.

best of luck
Drew

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
carb has been rebuilt and i have it running good but it just needs some fine tuning and i didnt know if there was a certain amount of turns that should be out on the carb.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im not poking fun at anybody or anything: but that's a freakin hilarious exclamation!

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i found out the problem its not the carb...its the vacuum advance.. it was left unhooked and i hadnt noticed.. it goes on the carb right? but where if im not mistaken im sure its the one under the thermostatic choke?

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it goes to ported vacuum, not straight vacuum. also its best to tune a carb engine with a vacuum guage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online