2017 Rally Route / Convoy thread (east coasters)

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know what your commute is like. How do you survive driving daily at 80? That's 20 mph slower than the flow of traffic at least. Except when it's stopped of course. Nothing really in between. LOL

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm fine with running 65-70mph. Chris and I will be running bob tail so that is no problem with us.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Trying to pick out a transmission to keep up with you folk lol
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it looks like the 6853b has the best final drive gear. the nv4550 would be the next in line. would either of those work?

subway

Reaction score
it looks like the 6853b has the best final drive gear. the nv4550 would be the next in line. would either of those work?
The zf5 and nv4500 I put in to compare how they stack against a medium duty in gear selection.

I actually have a 6853 in my garage but am missing parts to make it work. I will probably just have to track down another spicer set up and change my clutch out to bolt it in. I am almost worried about to much overdrive with that one.

I am really looking at the 3053. It's a deuce transmission and I think it will bolt in with no modifications besides hooking up a clutch. Even so I should only be turning about 2k at 65 mph. Unfortunately it has the lowest overdrive ratio. I got my tax return so I am shopping.

To bad a missed a nice eaton 6 speed overdrive by a couple days......

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what year deuce because I have a 68. maybe its the same trans?

il trade the trans for a nice cat motor.LOL

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to need a 2 day head start haha. I top out at 55 with the stupid camper. But putting in airbags might make me feel better. I wonder if worth getting a wind swoop thing for the roof.

subway

Reaction score
what year deuce because I have a 68. maybe its the same trans?

il trade the trans for a nice cat motor.LOL
It has to be the overdrive version but it will probably work. They ran both regular and non overdrive versions. If you are serious about the cat motor I know where some are for reasonable prices.

subway

Reaction score
I'm going to need a 2 day head start haha. I top out at 55 with the stupid camper. But putting in airbags might make me feel better. I wonder if worth getting a wind swoop thing for the roof.
I am not much faster now with my gear ratios. at least I don't slow down on hills much anymore. Maybe I could give you a pull lol

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to try to layout a route from my place to where we are meeting up in Morgantown WV to the rally itself tomorrow. I thought maybe you could add from your place to where we meet up Elijah so that if anyone wants to join in on the convoy they will have a rough idea of our path.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I posted some already but I have changed a few things since then so I'll make an updated post.

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've read back through in the posts Elijah and Tyler are meeting at 131 Brainard Rd, Hartford, CT and are taking I-84 over to I-81S where they will continue down till they meet up with Chris, his gf Miranda, and I at 22 Old Forge Rd, Jonestown, PA 17038 (aka exit 90). From there we will continue south on I-81 into Maryland where we will catch I-70W which turns into I-68W. We will continue on that till we meet up with Rob at 75 Retail Circle, Morgantown, WV 26508. From there it looks like we will continue on I-68W till we catch I-79S and then catch I-64W. Does all that info sound correct as of now? I just wanted to get the route posted up in case others wanted to join in along the way.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you guys are coming down 81, probably makes more sense for Rob and possibly I to catch up around hagarstown md. I assume he will come up 81 from the south or from Frederick (not sure which is better for him). My travel plans are still soft at this point but I'll be traveling 70w to 68 whenever I get on the road. If I can tag up with you guys there great. Depending on how many miles I've got on my rig by then, I may pull the tough leg across the mountains a day or so before and stay in Fairmont, WV and catch you guys as you are going by there.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that all looks good to me Alex. ill let you know if anything changes but those are the plans I have for now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online