2009 IDI RALLY UPDATE

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
I sent an email over to TS performance expressing interest in their dyno, basically told em we would love to use their facility, etc and we are all basically a good time, hahah, we'll see what they say, if anything....

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I sent one as well. I would love to get the goat truck on the rollers just to see if I can break the 140hp mark.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've sent the CG at Beech Bend an email on thrusday and have had no response. Missy talked with these folks as my hours make it difficult to make calls during "business" hours. I will try and call them today myself and sort out what was meant by "no reservations."

We have found another campground in Cave City, Ky. It is about 30 miles from Bowling Green. We need to get up there and see it with our own eyes, but it looks great on their website.... Jelly Stone Campground I will try and call them today as well.

Give me a few more days and hopefully the campground will be finalized and reservations can start being made by folks.

As far as TS Performace.........I'm going to leave that and other activites on the back burner for now. The campground is the number one priority. Once that's finialized..........the activites will fall into place.

Heath

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
Heath
gotta get the CG sorted out. if they wont work with a group , find one that will. Been there done that.
as for the dyno I can take it or leave it, who want to se a old work truck on the rollers any how, and besides can Dennis spell IDI?

We are plannin on attending, pending vacation schedule that is not final to the end of feb.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
yeah Heath i can live without the dyno too. i already know my truck is slow. :)

if it works out, great, if not, great.

you da man.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The campground in Cave City is very promissing by the phone conversation Missy had with them. They do groups/rallies frequently and just have the standard "add me to the group" reservations that other campgrounds have done for our past rallies.;Sweet The price is a bit more than Beech Bend though.

I'm going to try and go check it out in person Friday or Sunday.....if I can get away from the Hospital.:mad:

Called Beech Bend again.........Still waiting for Dallas Jones to make a decision. I'm not waiting for long!-cuss We will camp in Cave City and can just convoy to activities in Bowling Green if need be.

You'll know more soon.:thumbsup:

Heath

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Sweet! Sounds like you have this all under control. Thanks for doing all the leg work! Im sure it will turn out great.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Campground Update

I finally got "THE FINAL ANSWER" from Beech Bend campground.....NO RESERVATIONS.......EVER!!??:dunno Dallas Jones (owner) said "We will have plenty of spots for your group over the Fourth, just hav'em come on and we'll get them a spot then." I politely told him no thanks and that WILL NOT HAPPEN. I think we can still get involed with drag racing/waterpark/amusment park if there is intrest.......but we won't be camping there.

Missy and I have made plans to go to Cave City and check out the Jelly Stone Campground on Friday afternoon/evening. Again, the phone calls have been promising, but we will have to lay eyes on the place before calling it home for the 2009 IDI Rally.

Heath

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the right decision Heath. Tell Dallas any time he wants to come camp in PA, to just head over. We've got lots of available camping spots. :rolleyes: cookoo Tell him the best time to come is after 9:00pm when the camp office is closed. :bs

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
He'll have spots open on the 4th.... hee hee yeah right... Every camp ground I have ever seen even the KOA's along side the interstate are full over the 4th - they might hold back a couple of sites for the traveling folks but still... If that Jellystone is anything like the one in Fremont Indiana it should be nice but one word of caution ask them if they require you to put out your fire by a certain time of the night... the reason I say this is the Jelly up in fremont comes across the P.A. and tells you to put them out at like 11pm - I'm not joking I was there for it.... and it was a weekend.... I don't know if that a corp thing or just the local one.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
....one word of caution ask them if they require you to put out your fire by a certain time of the night... the reason I say this is the Jelly up in fremont comes across the P.A. and tells you to put them out at like 11pm - I'm not joking I was there for it.... and it was a weekend.... I don't know if that a corp thing or just the local one.

Whow! That's is a really weird rule.cookoo I haven't seen a list of "rules" on the website, but I will be sure to get a list tomorrow and ask specifically about that issue and "quite time" as well.

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea. Nothing like the smell of a wet fire and ashes flying everywhere to give you that quality campground experience before bed. :rolleyes:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I finally got "THE FINAL ANSWER" from Beech Bend campground.....NO RESERVATIONS.......EVER!!??

Thats pretty cookoo Look at the buisness that they are loosing just from or group, not to mention the possibility of having thier campground in a national magazine.

Jelly Stone looks great, keep us posted and thanks for all of your efforts Heath!

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Yea. Nothing like the smell of a wet fire and ashes flying everywhere to give you that quality campground experience before bed. :rolleyes:

That's alright... that was the campground where a couple of hours later I got woke up by the sounds of a camper burning to the ground - burnt the camper and the car out front - the folks that owned the camper weren't there that weekend so someone visiting in the next trailer parked there. But I will say come 9am the next morning you couldn't tell there had been anything there. The campground had it totally removed in less than an hour.