2009 IDI RALLY UPDATE

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have not posted about the rally lately as I'm having issues nailing down a commitment from TS Performance. After this years Rally, I called them to establish a date/time for the group to come by the shop for the dyno/tour. The employee I talked started to back-peddle a bit. His response was "Fourth of July is no good. We'll all be at the lake that week and there will be no engineers here to run the dyno. Any week but that week would be no problem............but, you need to talk to Dennis (owner)."

So....I'm in a pickle here. If Dennis says no good for 7/2 or 7/3......Then we can just tour the place, but their MAY NOT be an engineer to run the dyno.:mad: If this is something you are interested in doing during the rally, please email them at this address [email protected] and tell them.
Not to harrass them, but to show that there is significant intrest in having them (and their dyno) as part of our rally.

At this time, the campground will be Beech Bend. Details about who the contact person is, prices, and what not are to follow in the near future. The owner (Dallas Jones) says he cannot commit to drag racing or circle track race involvment for the group until after 1/15/09 as he will not have the race schedules until then. Also, he states campsites cannot be reserved in advance, first booked, first served. I'm a bit frustrated by everyone's lack of commitment.

Also, for those of you who missed this POST.....Mike McGlothlin from Diesel Power is going to try and cover the rally for the magazine. Please give him a post in that thread in graditude for thinking of doing this for the event.

I'll be posting more information as I have it.

Please ask questions and give opinions and comments about the above info.

Heath

Last edited:

RedTruck

Reaction score
I'm not going to be there, but sure am looking forward to the results. I think it will give all of us an idea of what we can expect from some of the different mods people have been doing. I bet you will have at least one model of each turbo there. I would imagine Barney would be there, so we'd get to see his results. I'm sure there will be some N/A engines as well as a factory turbo in the mix. I would even think we'd be able to see three comparable pickups with a Moose Pump/Kens Pump/stock pump turned up. It could really answer a lot of questions people have about the different setups available.

If you talk to the owner, he's invariably going to get some free advertising here on this sight and maybe...

from here as well?

I hope it works out. Thanks for your hard work Heath

Paul

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
he states campsites cannot be reserved in advance, first booked, first served

Hey Heath, that is the main problem that I see, People are not going to take a weeks vacation, travel 6 to 12 hours and hope that they have a camping spot. They need to take reservations.

There is a line on the bottom of the campground website that says :

"Click on the button for information or reservations ====>> "

So that is something to look into.

Heck we may be talking about 15 to 25 trucks there and that is a lot of camping sights they can sell. If they don't make reservations, we should porbably book with another campground.

The Dyno thing is ok, I would like to dyno and would if I had the opportunity, but if not that is fine with me also, It would just be COOL!

Thanks for the update, and very cool that Mike is lookig to show with Diesel Power mag!:thumbsup:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good catch on that Darrin. +1 I wasn't sure what that meant.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
What is the difference between "booked" and "reserved"? Every campground that I have ever gone to requires a credit card to hold the spot. Isn't that considered "booked"

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
I think booked is you done paid for it, reserved its waiting on ya.
and you all is about 2 hours out for me, on the thing. I will be there, and i may bring friends to terrorize the place.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
At this time, the campground will be Beech Bend. Details about who the contact person is, prices, and what not are to follow in the near future. The ower (Dallas Jones) says he cannot commit to drag racing or circle track race involvment for the group until after 1/15/09 as he will not have the race schedules until then. Also, he states campsites cannot be reserved in advance, first booked, first served. I'm a bit frustrated by everyone's lack of commitment.
I would look for another campground because as Darrin said we as a group will be traveling a bit of a distance and need to have a reservation so that we won't be staying the night in a Walmart parking lot - I think Mel would have to be transported to the hospital if that happened... But seriously we need a campground that will make reservations. I would keep looking around the area for a place.

Also, for those of you who missed this POST.....Mike McGlothlin from Diesel Power is going to try and cover the rally for the magazine. Please give him a post in that thread in graditude for thinking of doing this for the event.

Heath

Does this mean I might have to wash my truck this coming year?????? I haven't washed it so far this entire summer... I'm getting kinda partial to some of the bugs - they are like family at this point, I'm going to filing for a SS# number for next years taxes for them...

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took it to mean that the campground wouldn't block off a section of spaces to hold for the group as has been done in the past, so folks can decide if they are actually going to be able to make it. But it could be the difference between reserving and going ahead and paying.

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Im for sure going this year as i willbe moving to kentucky here in the next 2 months......... also id love to dyno my truck so ill be happy to email them and express interest......

as mentioned maybe is there another campground that would be a little easier to deal with? either way it will all work out... lookin forward to it!

bigrigdom

Reaction score
Heath, I am enthusiastically planning on attending the 2009 rally:thumbsup: , but....I live in Bakersfield, Ca:puke: and that is quite a bit away from Kentucky. If I am gonna be haulin a camper with my old girl(single cab) for that long(with my girlfriend and two pugs, by the way) I am gonna have to have some kinda garuntee that I will have a place to park it and rest for a little while once I get there. I am really looking forward to meeting some of the people on this site but I would like to have some assurances before I drive that far. thanks,
Dom

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! That would be a first! Somebody from the west coast. :thumbsup:

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
no pressure, Heath :rotflmao

seriously, i think the campground reservation thing is important and if the current CG doesn't agree then you'll have to shop around. but i thank you for your efforts and i look forward to the 09 rally. it's already shaping up to be a great one.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Heath,
Personally, I am not to concerned about the dyno. If it was available, I probably would run my truck, but if not, no big deal. I definitly get the camp ground deal worked out. I can't believe they don't take reservations. If they wont, then I agree w/ some others who have posted and look for another campground. Good luck and thanks for all your hard work.
John

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
he states campsites cannot be reserved in advance, first booked, first served

I took it to mean that the campground wouldn't block off a section of spaces to hold for the group as has been done in the past, so folks can decide if they are actually going to be able to make it. But it could be the difference between reserving and going ahead and paying.

I have been thnking about this while camping this weekend, and I think Tany has it correct.

They won't "reserve" a bunch of campsites, you have to call and "book" your own and pay for it, but once you "book" it you have a spot.

Still waiting to hear from Heath,....:popcorn