2006 F150 brake issues. anybody else have experience with this vintage?

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
So I have a very "new " truck by my standards, '06 F150, 2wd, 6 banger under the hood, 52,000 miles on the ticker. The passenger side brakes are all eaten up, rotor is shot, driver's side looks fine with 10-15,000 miles left on the pads.

Are these newer trucks equipped with hardware that is so poor that calipers don't even last past 50,000 miles?:eek: Is there something else on a newer rig to pose suspect to? I'm saying hoses in the back of my mind but can't imagine those being bad as well.:dunno

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Man am I learning a lesson with this one.

Hub and rotor are an assembly, $95ea.:puke:
bearing nut is one time use, $17 ea.cookoo

Pads and calipers are reasonable at $59 for set of pads and $67 ea for calipers.

This thing is making me appreciate my more traditional D60 front where the rotors are separable from the hub and the bearings and retaining nuts are at least semi- infinitely reuseable and sustainable.:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, the best part......want to machine a rotor, the factory run out allowance is six hundredths of an inch. Basically telling me they are disposable and that Ford has no problem making the consumable parts that are an arm and a leg to replace so long as they make for assembly line profitability.:flipa:Whatever:

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Check out Centric, they have a two piece hub and rotor that uses the 4wd truck rotors so they can be replaced without replacing the hub.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Check out Centric, they have a two piece hub and rotor that uses the 4wd truck rotors so they can be replaced without replacing the hub.

Thats pretty cool. I did realize that the rotors came to about $70 each after my discount. They also come with new bearings and wheel studs already installed, I was quite shocked. Only down side is that the factory hubs had Timkin bearings, new ones no name, surely made over seas.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin