2 row VS 3 row radiators, 351

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
The radiator in my gas pickup is all corroded and somewhat plugged, the 2 row replacement is two hundred, three row is closer to three hundred, how is the cooling of the 2 row? I intend to work this truck hard every once in a while.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
IMO, which isnt worth much, when buying or replacing cooling system parts go for the biggest u can fit.

But, if the 3 row has less fins per inch than it may be a toss up.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Where in bajeebas did you get those prices???

I had a 3 core brass/copper HD radiator from Advance Auto in my F350 before i swapped to the diesel radiator. I upgraded to this because the crappy 2 core aluminum/plastic ones kept leaking at the crimps. After replacing two of them in a year i said screw it and went with the brass/copper unit. There is NO plastic on it. It is made in China. There is a nipple on the filler neck which would be part of the pressurized cooling system and not the overflow. The rubber plug split about 3 or 4 months into use. I had no problems with this radiator keeping cool at all. 50/50 mix with distilled water so i wouldn;t have deposits building up and a modified crown victoria electric fan gave me icy cold air at idle. Never ran hot, never had a radiator problem after that. When i dropped the 6.9 in, this kept the ******* cool even towing my little car trailer. Once i tossed the turbo on, turned the fuel up, tossed bigger tires on and started towing heavier the gas 3 core radiator was becoming marginal but it never ran over 215F in the overtemp position.

The 3 core brass cost me 180 from Advance with my Commercial discount.
I just checked cold air distributors and they have a Visteon 3 core for 200.
Advance also has 15% off over 100 bucks.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Thanks, if it was my primary truck or I had spare cash in my pocket I'd never think twice, i'll probably go big anyway.

The 80-84 prices are a bit higher for some reason, and the mounting is a bit different from 85-86 that are cheaper.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
I got a huge radiator off ebay from a store called ProRadiators.
I got good reviews off another forum. I bought the biggest one my 76 could fit, 100% aluminum. My hopped up 390 stays cold in South Georgia, and I have a crappy fan and no shroud (yet).

In traffic the other day my engine got up to 215. The Thermostat opened and literally in 3 seconds the water temp shot down to 190. Works great.

Drew

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle