2 more injector pump / fuel related questions

Willie Two

Retired Firefighter
Reaction score
The return line going from the fuel filter to the # 1 injector cap has a check valve at the fuel filter, mine is missing, does it play an important roll with respect to the air bubble bleed ?? I still have the barbed fitting with the orifice size hole just no check ball. I am assumming the fuel flows from the filter to the injector cap but should not flow the other way ???

Another question; When I pinch off the return line running off the top of the IP the engine stalls, why is that ?? THANKS for the many answers..........

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
When you cut the return flow from the injection pump by pinching off the hose your doing the same thing as the electric fuel shutoff solenoid does when you turn off the ignition key.... Funny how that works.... About the return line from the fuel filter to the #1 injector. My truck has never had that system setup. On some trucks that was bypassed and not used. What you really need is both sides of the motors injectors return lines to be connected somehow. My # 1 return line goes under the injection pump back to the # 8 injector line and connects there. Then that cap connects to the metal return line that flows from the injection pump. At the back of this metal line is a brass fitting. It has an "olive" gasket in it just like the fuel line from the filter to the injection pump line has. They are special gaskets and look kinda like a piece of cut off hose. Being they are square and not o-ring like round gaskets. Any good injection pump repair shop has them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online

No members online now.