2 Days Ago Wifey Breaks Truck.... Again.....WTH

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So we were eating In N Out Burgers... The number 2 anamil sytle for those that know when she rolls down the front passenger side window... I thought I heard something differant but figured what the heck... Wel lunch is over and we decide to move on but here window motor runs... But thats it. So instead of opening up the door skin and adding some duct tape to the outside of the window I just drive off. We has about 60 miles of warm freeway driving to do... My side was fine... But she had a tuff ride... Hee Heee......... So today I open it up after I bought the three plastic pins to fix it. Get it all apart easily but when I tried to install the three drive pins it wont fit. The help package says fits from 2006 to 1971 Fords, mercs and some lincolns. Having never gotten into this area I'm wondering if there is another part I need because these pins don't fit. Thanks for any help. I have read that 1/4 inch nuts will work but its kinda a saftey thing to use the plastic parts... Does anyone have the help part number or the Dorman part number.. Thanks all.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Ahh Gary... I see, your bride was a match made in heaven, just like mine. We constantly joke about it that we were made for each other because she can break ANYTHING ( and I do mean ANYTHING, I don't care if it was tested to resist advanced military forces... it won't stand a chance against her :eek: and I can fix anything ... So it all works out in the wash LOL... but DANG if the woman doesn't keep me busy :rotflmao
I think I'll hang on to this one though. We're going out this weekend to celebrate our 20th anniversary :love:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks optical. Thats the kit I bought but its not fitting correctly. It seems like the plastic pins are too tall and too large in diameter to fit. Is this supposed to be a very tight fit or what... I'm lost trying to fix this... I went to vatozone just to see if they carried a couple of differant parts for our rigs.... But the fool on the counter wouldn't wait on me... Seemed like he was busy and I'm just there to spend money... Screw those guys at vatozone... Another place I will never shop at again... Gees... Getting harder and harder to find a place to shop and spend money at....

Ziggyman

Reaction score
I would imagine it to be tight fit, when I put the nuts in my motors they took some finagling to get it back together

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
I don't suppose you could post a pic of the motor or plugs-not-fitting situation? Maybe you have an aftermarket replacement motor or something? Those plugs have fit fine for me in the past, they shouldn't bind or be difficult to insert even.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I talked with Gary last night and he's getting a GMM welcome packet with a fresh tube of KY to aid in their insertion. :D

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
a fresh tube of KY to aid in their insertion

:eek: I wouldn't use a water-based lube...I like Danco waterproof plumbing grease on plastic parts. That's what I used, everyone I've shown says I have the fastest windows they've ever seen on an old truck.

Unless you were kidding or do things with your window motors that aren't...ahem...recommended by the manufacturer...:sly

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I talked with Gary last night and he's getting a GMM welcome packet with a fresh tube of KY to aid in their insertion. :D

:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao
you just need a bigger hammer with a little lube, these pins are not machined to .0000001" lol. i have not had to do this myself but could you ream out the holes a little to fit the pins. i dont think you want them to be to loose though since the slop could wear them over time.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Those dorman pins suck. I have to change them every 7-8 months when i used to use them. The drivers front of the crown victoria was the last one i used the dorman pins on and they're worn to the point where i have to assist the window up.

I have a local supplier that gets me some really nice OE ones. They last years before i have to do them again. I used to use nuts until my dog got trapped in the window. That window still has nuts but i learned to use the window lock feature.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well after talking with the dog catcher I decided to tackle this job like prom queen after the quarterback in tha back seat of a 55 chevy.....:eek::angel:LOL It was really a tight fit but I forced in the three crappy pins from dorman. Now lest see how long they last. That window has the proper motor in it. Even has the Ford part number on it. I don't recall it being so difficult to install the motor. I worked on it for about 1 1/2 hours. I tried to install it from the only hole largest enough for my popeye arms... That really hurts big time too. Seemd the front window channel was too long and it was cutting into my wrist a lot. So I tried dropping it in thru the small opening just in front of the location it bolts to... Nope not there either. I finally removed the speaker and it was simple. I don't recall having to install the other motor that way but maybe I di... Kinda forgot something.. This happens when I "learn" something new... something old gets purged from my memory....:dunno:D