2" body lift, the aftermath

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
EZ on my 96 I had to move the boot about 3" back and 1-2 " to the driver side to clear and work right.
had to cut part of the floor pan out, then add pices in when needed.
you extra noise may be from the boot not firing tight.
also check the driver side head to make sure its not hitin the firewall.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I may have to come up with a new boot and sound insulation setup after this lift. I figured about the head while i was doing the lift and used a pry bar to correct it later there is about 1/2 inch clearance now o I leave it alone. I really don't like inside noise so it will be a major upgrade to get rid of it.

Thank You guys.

Btw, after the 4" straight pipe to the stacks the engine build boost really fast and about 2psi more than before at similar speeds. I can even take it to higher rpms in all the lower gears, sounds really cool too. I wasn't even planning on doing it and turned out to be the best part of the lifting.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Good news, finally got some time to look at the shifter boot and got it fixed. Thank You guy, You where right. Most of the noise comes from the shifter boot when it's not sealed well. I had to fabricate a seal for it since the old one with the rubber boot underneath was not going to do the job. Went for a test drive and man I could not believe it went so well, now I can only hear the exhaust when I step on it but I can not hear the engine, that is just what I wanted.:thumbsup: :love: